Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcav
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Cabinet newly FTTC enabled. Immediately unavailable

Go to solution

Hi all,

The cabinet which serves me has recently been upgraded to FTTC - As in a matter of days. I only found out as I'd been checking practically daily at Openreach and dslchecker. However, despite not ever showing as available to take orders, the message at dsl checker is as follows:-

Telephone Number 01334XXXXXX on Exchange CUPAR is served by Cabinet 12

FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry your cabinet is temporarily unavailable, capacity will be restored as soon as possible.

When I called BT, they offered a whole host of misinformation. First I was told that I lived too close to the exchange and that I was not connected to a cabinet, then I was told that I was connected to a cabinet, but there were no plans to bring BT infinity to the area where I stay and finally I was told that they cabinet was 'full' and no longer had capacity. It then get's even wierder as I was told that the cabinet has NOT been upgraded to FTTC and will be upgraded on 31st of May.

Can anyone at all straigthen this out? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Smiley Happy

Simon.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cabinet newly FTTC enabled. Immediately unavailable

Go to solution

Hi mcav,

From the data you have posted from the BTWholesale database then your FTTC DSLAM cab that is connected to PCP12 has currently had it's line cards all taken up, meaning that the capacity of the cabinet is full.

Openreach will then add more cards if there is space to do so, or if the the capacity of the cabinet has reached it's maximum and no more cards can be added then Openreach may install a second DSLAM cabinet.

Unfortunately all you can do is wait for the capacity to be restored. Hopefully it won't be to long

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
mcav
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply

The strange thing about the capacity of this particular cabinet is that it doesn't seem to *ever* have had capacity. I have been checking regularly from the start of may and it went from nothing to the capacity message. I also registered interest in fibre absolutely ages ago - long before it was even "Under Evaluation", so I would have hoped to have been one of the first to be offered here.

I'll just need to wait though...

0 Ratings
mcav
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

The great news is that I have just ordered BT infinity today. If I get anywhere near the dslchecker estimates I'll be happy 🙂

0 Ratings