cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Cabling for Full Fibre Installation

Go to solution

Thanks. Yes I am upgrading to digital voice. So I have overhead lines not underground so all that will be redundant ? So router to box external then new line to where ? 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

Should I have upgraded digital voice when I don’t even use household phones ? Just seemed free phones but now seems I have complicated things 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

@Klrwrote:

Thanks. Yes I am upgrading to digital voice. So I have overhead lines not underground so all that will be redundant ? So router to box external then new line to where ? 

The copper line will be redundant.  A new fibre optic overhead will be run to where you decide you wish the ONT to be sited internally. The install engineer will discuss this with you.

As regards DV if you don't use the phones it doesn't matter there is no difference in price. The hub is a dect base station which the phones connect wirelessly to.

Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks very much. The video sent was gonna give me nightmares. Thanks u. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

Tomorrow is the day will engineer take master socket out then if it’s going to be redundant ? 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

Not usually but I suppose you can ask. He's just there to install the ONT.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks. So the master socket is behind a settee is it worth moving the settee if it’s not being touched. The video shows that I got sent shows they have to do summit with the master socket 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

They don't.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

Never even touched the master socket didn’t need 2. New wiring installed internal box from 1st floor room then wiring down to ground external box. Wiring from master socket box side of house which it had already been then both wiring full fibre abs copper cabling hooked up to external box then connected up overhead  line. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

With a Full Fibre install, can this be installed anywhere in the house of does it have to enter the property at the point closest the road. Ideally, I'd want it going into my home office which is at the rear of the house and on the first floor.  

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings