cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caher
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Called by ad hoc Indian call centre after reporting BB issues!

I contacted BT Saturday evening as my broad band had dropped by half and this morning i get a call from an seemingly unaffiliated  “help centre” offering to fix my issue with my router? How is this?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
LittleHelper
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Called by ad hoc Indian call centre after reporting BB issues!

A lot of the Help team are based in India. Are you sure it wasn't legit...
0 Ratings
Caher
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

HI,

yes, I realise that much of BT's help is outsourced to India but his understanding of my issue was too vague to come from a source inside the organisation.

0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

‘but his understanding of my issue was too vague to come from a source inside the organisation.’

Nope, that definitely sounds like it came from a BT Call Centre.
0 Ratings
toasedsteve
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I reported a fault last week and less than an hour ago a got a text saying "Someone from BT will call in the next 5 minutes to discuss your fault", followed by a call from an 0800 number asking me what my problem was and asking me for my full address and post code to "Access my account information".

Since they knew nothing about the fault and that I've had similar calls from the "tax office" and "Microsoft" to name just 2 scammers, I decided not to give them that information.

Surely if BT want to reassure people it's actually them, knowing a bit about the customer may be helpful!

Also, do BT really work on Sundays?

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

@toasedstevewrote:

I reported a fault last week and less than an hour ago a got a text saying "Someone from BT will call in the next 5 minutes to discuss your fault", followed by a call from an 0800 number asking me what my problem was and asking me for my full address and post code to "Access my account information".

Since they knew nothing about the fault and that I've had similar calls from the "tax office" and "Microsoft" to name just 2 scammers, I decided not to give them that information.

Surely if BT want to reassure people it's actually them, knowing a bit about the customer may be helpful!

Also, do BT really work on Sundays?

Yes they do work on Sundays and they always ask those questions

0 Ratings