cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonFish
Message 1 of 12

Can I get BT Infinity?

So I live in East Kilbride, Glasgow, Scotland. Now, East Kilbride's Fibre got enabled around November of last year. This was amazing as before the town in general had pretty pathetic download speeds. However, when I went to check whether we could get it or not, it said we couldn't. Outraged I called up my friend who lives a few houses away and he said that he got fibre optic and everything was fine. So he gave me his postcode and house number to check on the website also. And what do you know? It said he couldn't get it either. But he obviously has...

Sorry for almost ranting about this but "up to 1mb download speeds" can get extremely frustrating... So my question is, would I actually be able to just order it and get it like my friend did?

Thanks, Simon.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
SimonFish
Message 2 of 12

Re: Can I get BT Infinity?

Oh, and the cabinet is literally at then end of my street, not 50 meters away from my house if that helps.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

If you use this checker it will tell what cabinet you are on and what services it can receive. Post back the results.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

SimonFish
Message 4 of 12

Thank you, but it doesn't say that Fibre Optic would be avaliable. So I checked my friends again and he is on the same cabinet as me (S1). He said that he just phoned up and ordered it, a guy then came in and put the router in and that was that. Would you reccomend that I just do the same?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

if checker does not show available then I doubt you will be able to order  are there any explanation below the conenction information on the dsl checker - maybe about capacity being upgraded?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
SimonFish
Message 6 of 12

Checker.png

0 Ratings
SimonFish
Message 7 of 12

I checked my friend's and it was identical to that as well.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Remove your address from the checker you posted.

If it's not showing it would normally mean the cabinet is not upgraded. Are you sure your friend is on the same cabinet. Did you use his phone number?

You could try phoning an order and see what happens.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

there can be more than 1 cabinet serving a post code so you really need to use phone number for more accurate check

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

what do you get if you use this checker http://fttc-check.alc.im/

0 Ratings