cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrismc576
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 25

Re: Can I get Fibre or Not???

Highfield has the cabinet 13 directly outside! So the checker says I am 13 as well. Is there a fault with the cabinet if it’s so slow?
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 25

Highfield may have A cabinet directly outside but without a number we don't know which it is. There is something distinctly odd going on.  I wonder if you were previously connected to another cabinet (probably cab3 in Finningham) and the checker has been updated with the new cab number but not the new projected speeds.

Not sure where to go with this.

I'll ask the mods if they can shed any light.

0 Ratings
chrismc576
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 25

Thank you. This has been going on for months and we are desperate to be able to stream a film or upload an email!
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 25

The other possibility is that because cab13 is a new cabinet, the network re-arrangement required to connect you to it hasn't been completed yet and you are seeing the result of still being connected to the old cabinet. Just a different variation of my previous post.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 25 of 25

Hi @chrismc576

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry about the confusion with the checker results. Strange issue!  You can use this form to contact Openreach directly: Fibre Broadband availability

There is a drop down on their form for "Which cabinet am I connected to?" so all being well, they'll shed some light on this.

Feel free to post back and let us know how this goes!

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings