cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Can I get Full Fibre?

Hi
I am in a new build estate completed 2years ago and Openreach have installed Full Fibre across the estate.
It isn't available when I am trying to order it even though people a few houses away have had it installed and reported working fine.  Have done the dsl/availability check and it comes back with below for my current phone number??

I have got the grey plastic duct going into the house which an openreach contractor said should be able to receive.  Guess its whether its connected to an underground box.  Not having much joy with openreach.

Thanks for any help!

duct out side houseduct out side house

Telephone Number  on Exchange SOUTH MILFORD is served by Cabinet 12
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in JumperHigh Low High Low        VDSL Range A (Clean) mtweedy_0-1634205369375.gif
VDSL Range B (Impacted) mtweedy_1-1634205369377.gif
54.638.511.17.435AvailableAvailable--
53.13510.97.130AvailableAvailable--
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
1000220--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 4--3 to 7Available--
Up to 4Up to 0.53 to 7Available--
Up to 3.5--2.5 to 6.5Available--
1----Available--
1----Available--
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC SOADSL 2+SOADSL MaxSOADSL Fixed Rate
Up to 4--3 to 7----
Up to 3.5--3 to 7----
Up to 1--2.5 to 6.5----
Observed Speeds VDSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2021-07-16
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
N
N
N
05-10-2021
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31 Jan 2013. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.

Thank you for your interest

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Can I get Full Fibre?

do you have something like this in your home?

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

if so phone the FTTP team to order 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

@imjolly Thanks a lot,

No, I haven't got that bit of kit.  Does the Availability checker look like I can get it?

Thanks for your help!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

difficult to read as formatting all out of line

you can try phoning the FTTP team on number I posted and ask

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 11

No, FTTP isn't available to you.

FTTPoD  is available but that is an extremely expensive (£10Ks) product aimed at business users.

Message 6 of 11

@licquorice @imjolly Thanks for you help

@licquorice  As most people in the estate can get it, houses 50m away... could it be a case that openreach forgot to connect to a underground box (sorry don't know technical term) for our set of houses? or  a database error? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Possibly, possibly not. Try calling the number @imjolly  posted, they should be able to help.

Message 8 of 11

It’s not unusual for a new build development that is done in different phases to have a mixture of copper and FTTP, if the developer , when building the earlier part of the development didn’t request FTTP  at the outset, then by default they would get copper , for the last couple of years , FTTP became the default option, so the later phases likely have that, but this is when the developer submitted plans, not necessarily when the building was started or finished, so the ‘plans’ for something 2 years old were likely submitted 3 years ago , when copper was the standard connection.

Your image shows it’s a copper pair feed, because at the top of the grey capping 25 is a cover 101a used on copper feeds, if it were FTTP there would be a CSP ( customer service / splice ) point .

Its possible that at some point , OR will come along and ‘retro build’ an overlay FTTP network at some point in the future.

Message 9 of 11

@iniltous Thank you so much for your detailed info.  Really helped understand.

Assume this is unlikely and could be years away??   - Its possible that at some point , OR will come along and ‘retro build’ an overlay FTTP network at some point in the future.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Only Openreach will know if retro fitting is likely in the near future or not , but a newish development is relatively easy pickings , all new ducts, foot way boxes and an aggregation node close by, so as OR push to get FTTP deployed as widely and quickly as possible, hopefully you will not have a lengthy wait, but who knows for sure….if you see OR , or a contractor working on OR’s behalf cabling the area , that could be an indication of FTTP coming soon, otherwise keep checking with OR