cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Can I get Gfast

Go to solution

A BT engineer who was working at my house and the local cabinet told me yesterday that GFast is available in my street, but sales say it is not available. Why the difference, and can I do anything to get it?

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Can I get Gfast

Go to solution

what option do you get entering phone number

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

It may be available in your street but you may be too far from the cabinet. G.Fast only works over very short distances.

Put your phone number in the checker and post a screenshot of the result (remember to edit out your phone number from the screenshot before posting)

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks to both. Here is the screenshot. It has come out very small. If you can't see what is needed please me know which parts you need and I'll extract them. I am probably in the region of 100 meters from the cabinet. I get over 70 megs on my FTTC broadband.

jpadeutsch_0-1623324422490.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

as you can see there is no G.FAST available to your phone number according to dslchecker

you could try FTTP TEAM who deal with G.FAST and see if they can help  08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks. In what way would the table tell you that there is or is not gfast?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

It would say G.Fast on the right and give you the estimated speeds as er the VDSL entries.

Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks again. I did not get any help from that 0800.. number. They only repeated that gfast is not available. So I shall have to give up without finding out why it is not available despite being told by the engineer that it is.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

If the route of your line is more then 300mtrs from the cabinet you won't get G.Fast.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

It is nowhere near 300 meters. More like 100 meters

0 Ratings