cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: Can I get Ultrafast or not?

The downstream handback of 109.2Mbps  is very close to the "guaranteed" 100 minimum used by BT so I would expect that you won't be able to get G.fast.

The original engineer may well be correct that you are 350-400m from the cabinet (not exchange) and therefore won't get Ultrafast.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

350m is the cut off for G.Fast. @conrad got the reason correct.

0 Ratings
Adamski84
Beginner
Message 13 of 14

Thanks for the replies, Im definitely not 400m from the cabinet, it's literally on the other side of the road, unless of course, I'm wired into some other cabinet in some illogical manner. I will post the hub stats after my language tutorial tonight.

I just find this whole situation very frustrating, having spent most of my life in stevenage where my dad is now getting speeds of over 350Mb.

Live and learn, don't move to a village. 

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 14

@Adamski84wrote:

Thanks for the replies, Im definitely not 400m from the cabinet, it's literally on the other side of the road, unless of course, I'm wired into some other cabinet in some illogical manner. What cabinet did the DSL checker say ?  You deleted that information when you posted the results

will post the hub stats after my language tutorial tonight.

I just find this whole situation very frustrating, having spent most of my life in stevenage where my dad is now getting speeds of over 350Mb.

Live and learn, don't move to a village. Go back to Stevenage 🤣

0 Ratings