Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JoJoH2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Can I get ultrafast?

Go to solution

Recently I got a leaflet through my door from www.wiltshireonline.org advertising using its site to check for faster internet in my area.

A few days after registering for notifications of fiber being available I (surprisingly) get a email a day or so later saying it is and bt’s avalibilty checker seems to confirm this with ultrafast.

(see images attached “check 1” and “check 2”)

but I have been stung before over a year ago with super fast where after switching over and getting slower internet then the adsl 2+ I had I was told we are too far from the cabinet and cant get the promised 10mbps up so I had to switch back.

The closest fiber cabinet is still 2,697m away (using https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk)

From what I have researched online as long as the fiber line (FTTP) exists which I assume it does as it is being advertised to me so it shouldn’t be affected by range but after looking up ultrafast online some part of the network is ran through g.fast which as I learnt last time is affected by range and we are too far from the cabinet for that. (See attached image “adsl checker”)

Would somone be able to confirm or deny if I can get the advertised ultrafast?

if you need any further information let me know.

(And apologies if I am way off in my analyses it’s all based off looking it up and reading simmiler topics here.)

E12C1FEE-CDE6-450A-940C-E31EC2C18A3E.jpegCheck 1E5E58ECA-53A2-4159-B4C6-44E6333E262A.jpegCheck 203315154-9E7C-4ED9-8D8B-729095EAC05D.jpegAdsl Checker

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Can I get ultrafast?

Go to solution

from the checker you have FTTP available which does not come fromcabinet like FTTC

phone FTTP team and see what they can offer  08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Your ultrafast will be provided by way of FTTP which is available.

You will need to ring 0800 587 4787 to order it - you can get Superfast Infinity 1 or 2  55/10 or 80/20 or either of the Ultrafast speeds.

JoJoH2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks both of you for getting back so quick.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

No, FTTP is not distance limited. You could be hundreds of miles away from the headend and still get full speed.

JoJoH2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for that, I missed your message to start with.

Are the instillation costs higher then the quoted ones on the avalibility checker as I assume it’s more to fit fiber to the premises?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
Nope, with Native FTTP the Installation costs are standard if not free depending on the what package you take out.
JoJoH2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks, that’s good to know, the only thing that’s worrying me is on the adsl checker it lists the fiber as WBC FTTC, i’m Pretty sure that’s for business’s and costs a lot monthly to run.

or doesn’t the fiber avalible to me appear on the adsl table?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Nope, the expensive version is FTTPoD.

WBC FTTP is the native version at standard prices.

JoJoH2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Oh that’s great, thanks again everyone for answering my questions, I will give them a call and see if I can get the ball rolling on this