cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Can I have BT Fibre despite my house already having Virgin Media?

Hello, long story short, I live in a house with other people, the internet is extremely slow here with Virgin and I get constant lag in games and no one wants to upgrade either, so I have come to the conclusion that I might as well get my own internet for my own room, the thing is, is this even possible? Having two different internet providers in one house? We have a Virgin landline, along with TV and the internet but I just want to get BT Fibre for just my room, is that possible without changing everything else? Also, I don't have one of those fibre sockets on my wall in my room, there is only one in the house and that is downstairs being used by the Virgin router so how would I go about getting one installed into my room? Thank you!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Can I have BT Fibre despite my house already having Virgin Media?

Yes it's possible, BT would use the Openreach network which is separate to Virgin Media, it won't have any impact on your householders.

Message 3 of 13

if you enter your address and post results   this will show options available to you

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

you would need to be 18 to enter contract and also pass credit check

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 13

I will add one thing to what the others have said. Make sure you get the property owners/landlords permission before ordering.

Message 5 of 13

Hi @ConorJ and welcome to our community.

The other members have posted great advice but if you get stuck please get back to us.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

How long does the installation process for Fibre take?

Hi. I'm planning on getting BT Fibre installed in my room, I live with other people but the Internet is way too slow. I currently have Virgin but plan on getting BT in my room. How long does the whole process take? I don't have one of those fibre port things in my room so that will have to be installed, how long does the whole process take and how much does it cost? Thank you. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Re: How long does the installation process for Fibre take?

Have you actually checked that you can get fibre to the home as not everyone can at present?  If not then enter your address and post result.   

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Message 9 of 13

Here you go!rr-min.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

That shows you can indeed get FTTP.

0 Ratings