cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Can I increase my upload speed?

Recently getting into streaming via Twitch, Youtube etc and requires a better upload speed.

My router says 

5.092 Mbps upstream speed, so when streaming I have to use around 2500-3000Kbps

I called BT once before and they mentioned 5-8? anyhow, here's a screenshot below of the line. Don't understand it myself.

Untitled.png

Also speedtest:

ddsd.png

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Can I increase my upload speed?

Can you post hub stats. If hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk. If hh6/sh2 then advanced settings then technical log information information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Product code:Smart Hub 2

Serial number:+091298+2031033231

Firmware version:v0.17.01.12312-BT

Firmware updated:Wed Oct 14 14:50:05 2020

Board version:R01

GUI version:1.56 15_02_2019

DSL uptime:2 days,09 Hours46 Mins36 Secs

Data rate:5.092 Mbps / 34.993 Mbps

Maximum data rate:5.255 Mbps / 41.579 Mbps

Noise margin:6.1 / 6.1

Line attenuation:7.2 / 22.8

Signal attenuation:7.1 / 20.8

VLAN id:101

Upstream error control:Off

Downstream error control:Off

Data sent / received:15.3 GB Uploaded / 102.2 GB Downloaded

Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:Activated

2.4 GHz wireless network name:BT-NMAKSG

2.4 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel1)

5 GHz wireless network name:BT-NMAKSG

5 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel36)

Wireless security:WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:Mode 1

Firewall:On

MAC address:EC:6C:9A:52:FD:98

Software variant:-

Boot loader:0.1.7-BT (Thu Nov 30 09:45:22 2017
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

The easiest and quickest way would be to upgrade your internet connection as FTTC is available according to the jpeg you posted

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

As far as I'm aware, we are on the top speed package... I remember running a package check a few weeks back, only higher ones give us the extra wifi hubs etc to put in rooms but no increase in speeds

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

If you have an idea upload speed of 5mbps but only need 2-3 Mbps, you should have plenty but you may find the speed to be lower if you're connecting via WiFi

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

No, I can only use 2-3 out of the 5, or it lags like crazy. Also all through ethernet, I don't use wifi

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Your line will not support a higher upload speed, possibly thin copper cable with poor high frequency performance, as most of the upload bandwidth allocation is at the top end of the frequency band. You may even have some aluminium cable in part of the route. That was used in the days that copper was very expensive.

VDSL is optimised to give the best download speed.

You need FTTP to get a better upload speed.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

If you are currently on fibre 2 then you should consider down grading to fibre 1 as you cannot even get the max speed for infinity 1 

your connection time is only 2 days is that due to router dropping connection or manual reset? Check quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

your connection speed is right at bottom end of your expected range so are you using the test socket with filter to see f that improves your speed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

We actually had a new hub sent out. Currently using test socket with a filter, guessing will just have to deal with it..

0 Ratings