cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Can I still get FTTC?

I am trying to get broadband in a new house (rental property) where I have just moved.

Independent of what Fibre package (even Fibre Essential) I choose on the BT website it says at the end "We need to install FIbre to your Home"... which is annoying as I am only renting and I obviously need my landlords approval first. I am working from home, so really would like to get broadband as soon as possible.

Is FTTC really not offered any more? Is this an area thing? Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can I still get FTTC?

If new property then quite possibly that FTTP is all that is available  try enterting your address and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I can't see a landlord refusing permission for FTTP to be installed as it enhances property value.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Sorry, not a new-build, just moving house.

Looks like FTTC should be available? Is there anyway to force the BT website to give me FTTC offers? I just seem to be ending up with FTTP every time...

jaytee86_0-1603574425948.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

And, yes, I am hoping the landlord will agree and I will upgrade eventually. It just seems like for an FTTP install I have to wait ~1 month and I really need to get broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

As it appears FTTC is available why not try a different ISP instead of BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

If you are in a rental property and are likely to be moving at some point why not consider a mobile broadband package. You can get an unlimited package from about £25 per month.

You can take this with you where ever you go without having to move providers or end a contract mid term. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

There is not ( currently ) any overarching stop sale on WLR/LLU on your exchange (in other words copper or copper/FTTC ) but that’s not to say an individual Telco could decide not to offer a particular product , so it’s possible that BT in situations where FTTP is available and a new ‘line’ is required , then it’s FTTP.
As already stated, others may process your ‘copper pair’ order, but TBH, FTTP will probably use the same method of delivering service, so if ducted , new fibre cable in the same duct as the copper cable , or overhead , then new service overhead ...the only issue I could foresee is if the current service is a DIG cable ( direct in ground ) then a duct would probably be installed from the curtilage to the house so ( obviously) some excavation required, and again as already said, your landlord may actually quite like FTTP installed effectively at your expense as the next occupant may be easier to find if FTTP already installed
0 Ratings