cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Can I use left behind BT Hub?

Go to solution

HI, we have access to our new house but aren't moving in yet. Our hub is still in storage - oversight on our part.

Previous owners left behind their BT Hub and docs etc so can reset, access admin etc. Can I configure this hub for our own use or do I need to wait for ours to come out of storage?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Can I use left behind BT Hub?

Go to solution

@Thompson218 

It depends on which home hub it is, and  what broadband package you ordered. You would not be able to use it anyway, until your service has been activated at your new house.

Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Our existing hub (in storage) is a Home Hub 5. We have BT Halo.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

If your service has started and the hub is compatible with your "type" of broadband, you will know because it will either work or it won't, then after a factory reset it will be OK to use it.

Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Hi, turns out the "left behind" hub is a Home Hub 5 which is the same as my old one (that is in storage). I've brought it back to where I'm staying at the moment and switched it on. Its not connected to anything except my laptop over wifi.

I've logged onto it using the password key on the card on the back but the Hub then goes into a set of help pages because it can't find a service. So I can't get into the menu system where I might be able to reset the Hub for my own use when BT arrive next week (which will be before i get my old hub from storage). I know bad planning, but there is story that I won't bore you with!

Can anyone help me with resetting this Hub please?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Use the recessed factory reset button.

Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks Keith, thought it was more complicated than that!

T

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

These things keep popping in there ...

Having reset the hub to factory settings what information do I need to be armed with when the BT man turns up next week. I can recall a need for a username and password but have to admit I can't recall them. I seem to recall that the username was an odd format? It was such a long time ago.

Can anyone help with that I need and whether I can find it in my account please?

Thanks for any help.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Username and password are generic and hard coded into all BT hubs. All hubs can be used on any BT line, nothing needs to be done.

Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

If I've understood you correctly, then we cannot use the previous occupants hub then? Even after a factory reset because their credentials are hard coded?

0 Ratings