cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gaddzilla
Message 1 of 5

Can an engineer tell if the local cabinet is full?

Go to solution

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I moved house, I was dissapointed to find out only broadband was available having only moved a short distance across town (had cable previously). While the engineer was installing the broadband I asked when he thought Infinity would be available, and he told me it is, and that he is connected to the same cabinet I am and that he has it himself. I thought at the time he said there were connections available (would he know that from looking in the cabinet?).

I've had multiple calls with BT, a couple saying Infinity was certainly available to me. During the latest call I was told the cabinet was full. What's my best bet for getting in the queue as the broadband speed I'm getting at the moment is not very good at all.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can an engineer tell if the local cabinet is full?

Go to solution
Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
we can the tell you
0 Ratings
Gaddzilla
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number on Exchange GRANTHAM is served by Cabinet 40

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

HighLowHighLow    
FTTC Range A (Clean)7556.82017.8--Waiting list
FTTC Range B (Impacted)61.53519.78.5--Waiting list
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2.5--1.5 to 4Available
ADSL MaxUp to 0.75--0.75 to 2.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available

This PCP has a waiters list for FTTC services. You may place an order which will be dealt with in turn.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC or WBC SOGEA) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

There are no left in jumpers available on this line. This line is on a Market B Exchange.

For FTTC Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
your cabinet is currently full and awaiting a capacity upgrade all you can do is keep using that checker and place an order when you see available
0 Ratings
Gaddzilla
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Ok, thanks for your help.

0 Ratings