cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
whatkatedoes
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Can anyone help me identify my sync/noise issue?

So, I've been on 55/8.6 since April, then all of a sudden 3 weeks ago, router resyncs at 42/6, and sticks there.  Sometimes a 5am scheduled reboot restores 55/8, but only for an hour or so.  Have been trying to sort out with online chat support, but problematic.  Yesterday spent hour chatting with someone, having to go through all the wifi nonsense before they promised a "line refresh" over 48 hours.

This morning, the router showed a jump in SNR margin, and the max attainable jumping to 57.7.  I didn't touch the router (resisting urge to force a resync) - but suddenly 1145 the max attainable drops back to 43.  Can anyone advise me what might be going on here from these results: 

SNRMargin-2016-09-20-11.52.10.png

Max: Upstream rate = 7124 Kbps, Downstream rate = 57629 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 6700 Kbps, Downstream rate = 42347 Kbps
Bearer: 1, Upstream rate = 0 Kbps, Downstream rate = 0 Kbps
Link Power State: L0
Mode: VDSL2 Annex B
VDSL2 Profile: Profile 17a
TPS-TC: PTM Mode(0x0)
Trellis: U: ON /D: ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can anyone help me identify my sync/noise issue?

Hi @whatkatedoes,

Can you enter your telephone number using - http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/, this will help to give and indication of what your line was estimated to be able to support.

Once you have done so can you post back the result? Please make sure to remove your telephone number before posting back the result.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings