cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Can only get 60-70mbp down..

Hey guys.

So Ive moved to a new area and have settled in and been with BT for over a week now. Thing is the speed isnt really that great for downloading games and gets kind of glitchy now and again for streaming..

Although its great for browsing and for streaming nothing wrong there, so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me when I could get 80mbp or at least 100mbp down in my area? ML2 7PD

Kind regards

Colin

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can only get 60-70mbp down..

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

So it seems Ill be able to get 80mbps soon when it becomes available so thats good! But I see that I could get FTTP on demand which is available now to get 300mbps connection. How would I go about getting that installed?

Kind regards

Colin- 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@colinreidcr wrote:

But I see that I could get FTTP on demand which is available now to get 300mbps connection. How would I go about getting that installed?

By taking out a huge mortgage for a start, it is primarily aimed at business and costs tens of thousands in construction costs and a fortune per month rental.

@colinreidcr wrote:

So it seems Ill be able to get 80mbps soon when it becomes available so thats good!

What leads you to that conclusion? If you are already getting 60-70 a maximum of 80 is already available but you are probably too far from the cabinet to achieve it.

Can you post the screenshot as requested please.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

You won’t notice the difference between 60 and 80 meg. Your talking an extra 2MB/s download. It’s not gonna be noticeable. At 60 meg your still gonna be grabbing files down at roughly 8MB/s which is more than enough for 4K downloads and gaming. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Can you post the results of the Wholesale Checker?

I’m interested to see how 80Mbps will become available soon when you clearly already have to Up To 80 Meg Package. 

Message 7 of 9

I know right? But when I checked online to buy my package it was only between 50-70mbp so it will vary per day..but still want 80mb when it becomes available more the better.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

For the third time, it is 'available' now but unless you move your house closer to the cabinet, you won't be able to benefit from it.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Why are you so reluctant to post the results of the dslchecker which will show your expected speed range?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.