cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 28

Re: Can someone have a look at my line/router stats please

There must be a dlm band of 55meg.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Billybomber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 28

Sorry for my ignorance guys ... but how long do I have to wait for the line to fix itself ? Or is there something in my stats that you can see an issue with my line? Is dlm down load management ? If so is it worth phoning. Bt to get it removed ? Again sorry if the questions are stupid/simple I don't mind waiting within reason if it'll fix itself. However I also don't want to be waiting about if it's not gonna happen.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 28

@Billybomber DLM means dynamic line management and it can't be switched off. This adjusts your broadband profile to ensure that your connection remains stable but as your connection has been up for 27 days now it may be worth requesting an engineer visit to check your connection.

The broadband faults helpdesk can be contacted on this link. Post back to let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Billybomber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 28

Tried the helpdesk online chat. He did some tests and said I was getting 58 down.

0 Ratings
Billybomber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 28

So no further forward...nice chap but again ..just told to go to the next person..and use the phone number lol
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 28

I think only way forward is as mod suggested to get engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 28

DLM certainly won't be in a hurry to remove banding, I've been banded since March!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
TNT555
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 28

In my experience, DLM does not remove banding ever on ECI cabinets. I spent a month going back and forth with the indian tier 2 support to get an engineer.

Their only 2 ways to do it is to get an Engineer visit for broadband speed fault, This will require your speed to be below your point of sale speed for tier 2 to take you seriously. They are a pain to deal with if you even have a clue whats really going on. it will take them about a week of testing and monitoring your line minimum to catch up with you.

The other is to change package ( in your case twice ) or broadband provider which should also reset the DLM.

0 Ratings
Billybomber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 28

Thanks guys ....looks like it'll have to be an engineer. With work being so busy might have to leave it for a while or downgrade. It's a real shame I was one of the few that never had an issue with B.T. but now with the first problem and now it's becoming a real pain to fix.

I also see everything I put in earlier from the online conversation with online support has been deleted. Is this not allowed ? Although a nice guy some of the things he said was nonsense and I would have liked other people's onions on it incase I was wrong ... but hey Ho ... I've kept a copy just invade.
0 Ratings
Billybomber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 28

*incase
0 Ratings