cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

Can someone reset my DLM please?

Go to solution

I have gfast which has provided 130 Mb/S until recently. Now I am getting below the advertised 100Mb. This may well be due to reorganisation of my equipment and turning it off due to home decorating. Looks like DLM has adjusted me down.  Can my DLM be reset without the need for an engineer call out?

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: Can someone reset my DLM please?

Go to solution

DLM is an automated process and will not be reset manually by an engineer unless a fault has been found and fixed. If your line is now stable it will eventually increase your speed back to what it was but this process can but not necessarily will take a few weeks or more.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @gcdmartin Can you post your Home Hub router stats and we'll take a look? You'll get them by entering 192.168.1.254 in your browser, go to advanced settings then technical log information. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

Product name,BT Smart Hub 2
Serial number,+091299+2019004468
Fireware version,v0.27.07.07281-BT (Wed Jul 28 12:06:02 2021)
Board version,R01
GUI version,1.74 12_11_2020
DSL uptime,0 days 8 Hours 10 Mins 41 Secs
Data rate,26.4 Mbps / 108.0 Mbps
Maximum Data rate,26.4 Mbps / 102.1 Mbps
Noise margin,3.1/12.4
Line attenuation,0.0/36.2
Signal attenuation,0.0/36.2
VLAN id,101
Upstream error control,Off
Downstream error control,Off
Data sent / received,368.2 MB Uploaded / 2.1 GB Downloaded
Broadband username,bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-Fi,Active
2.4 GHz wireless network name,OCEANVIEW
2.4 GHz wireless channel,Smart (Channel6)
5 GHz wireless network name,OCEANVIEW
5 GHz wireless channel,Smart (Channel36)
Wireless Security,WPA2 (Recommanded)
Wireless mode,Mode 1
Firewall,On
MAC address,CC:D4:2E:ED:60:C2
Software variant,-
Boot loader, 0.1.7-BT (Thu Nov 30 09:45:22 2017)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

Your connection time is only 8hrs was that router dropping internet connection or manual reset. You need a stable connection before and changes . Is there any noise on quiet line test. Dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestions. Quiet line test was clear. Reason for just 8 hours up time is that I phoned BT yesterday and someone in Dublin reset my router.  The same person has scheduled an engineer call out for Thursday so hopefully they will be able to reset my speed.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution
As gg30340 said, Direct Line Management is automatic. Be patient and wait a few days for your speed to return to normal. If the issue is not fixed, contact BT ( I forgot the phone number :/)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

@gcdmartin 

If line was reset yesterday I would have have thought you should have longer uptime than 8 hours by tonight.

There is no number to phone to get a DLM reset on vdsl unlike adsl

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

@eth724192021 wrote:
As gg30340 said, Direct Line Management is automatic. Be patient and wait a few days for your speed to return to normal. If the issue is not fixed, contact BT ( I forgot the phone number :/)

Just so that you are aware DLM stands for Dynamic Line Management.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution
am too naive
0 Ratings