cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: Can someone reset my DLM please?

Go to solution

Hi @gcdmartin and thanks for posting.

DLM will automatically make changes on the connection  to optimise the speeds etc as long as there are no faults on the line. Can you get back to us after the engineer visit and let us know how it goes?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution
  1. Thanks for all your comments.  I am reporting back after 3 days as suggested. The engineer who came out was only able to check the internal set up. He advised me that for any significant changes to the incoming speed etc. I would need to have an openreach engineer involved. The downstream sync speed showing on my router status page was 106.32 Mbps when he visited and has stayed at that figure since but I am still getting under 100 using the "MyBT" app and other speed testers. As previously mentioned I was getting more like 130 on those tests previously. My question now is that since my router says 106.32 does that mean that BT will just say I am getting the advertised speed for my package  of at least 100, this despite the fact that I know there has been a deterioration in the service?
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

all speeds quoted by BT are connection speeds not download speed so at present you are getting above the 100mb connection speed and with stable line may well get a bit faster

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

Mmm,

I was happier with the speeds I used to get which is what BT say I should be getting (see below).

I do wonder if the lower speed I'm getting  might possibly be related to a router firmware upgrade that is recorded to have happened on 16th October (upgraded to firmware version v0.27.07.07281-BT)

From BT:-

We estimate your:
download speed will be between 126Mbps and 141Mbps
upload speed will be between 20Mbps and 22Mbps.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

Have you managed to keep a stable connection for any length of time as last stats showed only 8hrs - you are going to need a few weeks at least  if you are unable to maintain a stable connection then you need engineer visit to find cause of stability problem and if he fixes it then ask for a DLM reset.  Engineer needs to find and fix problem before DLM reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

Out of curiosity, without doing a speed test do you actually notice that you are not getting the speed you want?

Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

A few weeks..... Oh dear. Yes I can notice a reduction in performance -  otherwise I would not have posted in this group!

Looks like I'll just have to swallow down the reduction though...

Never had this problem with my previous ISP - Virgin Media. Unfortunately that's not available in my new location 😒

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

If you can notice a reduction without a speed test your house hold must be very heavy users to use up all that bandwidth at the same time.

Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

@gcdmartin 

Do you have a stable connection now or are you still dropping connection?

What connection time is currently showing in hub stats?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

Connection status,Connected
Connection type,Fibre Broadband (G.fast)
Firmware version,v0.27.07.07281-BT (Wed Jul 28 12:06:02 2021)
Serial number,+091299+2019004468
Downstream sync speed,106.3 Mbps
Upstream sync speed,26.4 Mbps
Network uptime,4 days 22 Hours 15 Mins 34 Secs
System uptime,4 days 22 Hours 18 Mins 5 Secs
BT Wi-fi status,Active

0 Ratings