cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Chincey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Can someone verify if this is Fibre installed?

Hello,

My apologies if I am posting in the wrong place but I literally have no idea who else to turn to. So basically I have moved into a new build flat which is surrounded by FTTP enabled houses, the only building that seems not to have an active connection is our flat block. I have been in contact with BT and Openreach both who have only gave me slight information on what I'm looking for. When we first moved into our new property we received a letter from our developers stating that Openreach will overlay our cables with fibre within the next 3 months (dates 14th July 2017) so o believe the work should be done. Openreachs fibre checker states that we are in scope for FTTP but that's all.

I have checked in our utility cupboard and believe we have a fibre connection blew into our building. Could anyone possibly verify this? I have pictures but can't seem to find an attachment button for the forum so I could send them another way.

If fibre is installed to the building would the last step be installing an ONTbox to each individual flat?

Sorry for long wounded rant but our current speeds are 0.5Mb MAX! Which in this day and age is very poor and literally unbearable.

Any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: Added picture below, my bad. Mobile browser must of bugged out.

20171019_195306_.jpg

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: Can someone verify if this is Fibre installed?

To attatch images you have to upload then insert them.

2017-01-26 20_22_30-Reply to Message - BTCare Community Forums.png

Once you've browsed to your file and clicked on it then it will show the image in your post preview. Click on insert and job done.

Yes an ONT would need to be installed.

Enter your phone number HERE and post a screenshot of the result. Remove your phone number before posting.

0 Ratings
Chincey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the fast reply! 

Should of added the picture now, mobile browser must of bugged, either that or im blind.

Snip.PNG

Thats my results from the wholesale, been checking this and Openreachs availabilty checker daily - still no luck 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 11

Your picture does not show a fibre installation nor any blown fibre. Those are just normal copper installs.

The NTE's are tyhere as line terminations, as you can see flat one has had it's line installed and a blanking plate has been installed the NTE being moved into the flat.

0 Ratings
Chincey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

I understand that the top connections are only copper connections but my intrest is on the bottom box which is below the copper NTE's. Funny enough thats my flat and the blank pannel has only appeared today after an Openreach enginner came to fix an issue with my line.

He gave me the information that it looks as if the Fibre duct has came through to the premises as he proceeded to look at the box below?

Again im just going off general research and obviously the information the engineer gave me (although he said he mainly deals with copper and doesnt know alot about fibre)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

The box below has a laser warning symbol on it, so its likely to be an optical fibre node.

0 Ratings
Chincey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Thanks for the reply 🙂 

So do recon it looks like we have a Fibre connection to the building?

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 11

Maybe, but it can't be live yet as it's not showing up in your BT Availibility Checker.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Hmmm, so confusing for what should be a simple process.

My guess is that it's not saying it's live as we don't have an ONT box installed so physically couldn't get fibre until that's done? Maybe Openreach haven't updated their DB?

I'm just hoping the ground work is done as that's the part that takes yonks!
0 Ratings
Chincey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Fibre into my building but can't order? (FTTP)

Hi All,

I create a tread a couple of days back now asking if anyone could verify that the picture below if Fibre comming into my building.

20171019_195306_.jpg

I have now found out the box below the sockets is infact Fibre comming into the buidling (verified by an Openreach engineer). My issue is now is that I cant order BT Infinity as both the wholesale and Openreach website both still say that im in scope. I have been in contact with BT more times than I can count and have got absoultely nowhere! All other property's that are on the newly built estate are all FTTP enabled and can place orders.

Could anyone possibly help?

Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings