cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Can't Order - Address Not Listed

Good Afternoon,

I'm trying to order broadband but my address does not show in the list when entering my postcode. The 59 other houses in the street do, just not mine.

How do I go about ordering broadband without my house showing in the list?

Thanks,

William

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Can't Order - Address Not Listed

is it a new build?

is address correct in royal mail database?

you may have to order a phone line first then once running and address registered then add broadband package

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 14

Yes, it's a new build.

Address is correct in the Royal Mail database, matches the same format as the rest of the street.

We ordered a line back in January but this still hasn't been installed due to  site-wide cabling issues, apparently this is going to be completed this week or next. Was hoping I could order the broadband now to be ready for the line going live.

Just seems weird how houses that haven't even been built yet are showing yet mine isn't.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

As @imjolly  has advised you will need to order a phone line first. The database will then be updated and you will be able to order your broadband.

As it's a new build I'm surprised the developer didn't arrange with Openreach for FTTP to be installed.

Message 5 of 14

need to take up with site developer but as new build has openreach installed an ONT  something like this

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 14

Do I need to wait for the line to be installed before it shows up?

Unfortunately they didn't  go for FTTP for whatever reason, pretty annoying!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Yes, once the engineer signs the job off the database should be updated the following Friday.

Message 8 of 14

Ok, that's great. Thanks for the help with that.

Out of interest though, how is it that the rest of the street who don't have their lines installed yet still manage to show up? Am I just unlucky?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

sounds like it  but take it up with developer

Message 10 of 14

What result do you get when you wner your address HERE? The link for the address checker is at the bottom of the page.

0 Ratings