cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Can't check Hub stats or run BT speed tests/checks

Hi,

Bit of background, I've been using a 3rd party router for a number of years and recently bought the Orbi Mesh router to improve the WiFi in the home. For the modem side, I've always used the separatre Openreach modem originally given to me. Whilst installing the Orbi, I turned the sepate modem off and on again so it was clean (it was suggested in the manual).

Orbi install complete and got online, everything was great however when I performed a speedtest on Ookla using several servers, the speed wasn't as fast as I've always had. So I was wondering whether the modem reboot messed something up or it was the Orbi.

I couldn't perform a BT speed test without the HH3 so I've plugged it in now but it says "We can't see your Hub online so we're not able to run a speedtest for you at the moment."This is the same wired on PC and on mobile phone BT app.

I also cannot check the HH3's router stats/logs using 192.168.1.254. I've tried to follow the guidances online but can only see the following page

winry_0-1639236997233.png

Please advise what I'm doing wrong. Do I need to wait for BT to recognise it or call them to activate the Hub or something (I can get online though).

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't check Hub stats or run BT speed tests/checks

If you are using the openreach modem in conjunction with HH3 then all the connection stats are held by the modem not the hub. You would need to unlock the modem to get stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

How do I unlock it? I'm currently using the original kit BT gave me back in the days, same modem and Hub. If the line stats are irrelevant (only thought of looking at it due to reading posts on here), what else can I do?

I'm still not able to sign into my BT account to run speed tests or check connection sadly 😞

3rd party speed tests current show 24-25Mbps for my Fibre Halo 1 but the App says download speeds estimate will be between 45-71 Mbps. Will BT staff be able to see my details?

Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

You connection stats are not irrelevant just with your setup all the meaningful stats are held by the modem.  Which modem do you have?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

The modem sticker on the bottom says:

ECI Telecom Ltd
Item code - 061513
Description - NGA ECI-CPE-MODEMS TYPE B
ECI Model - B-Focus V-2Fub/r Rev.B
ECI Cat No - ON316150
Manfucature - 01/2013
Warranty expiry - 04/2018

(Didn't realise it was that ancient but it's never broken on me)
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Huawei modems are trivial to unlock but the ECI variant that you have is not straightforward and requires a certain degree of skill and knowledge to unlock. Not to be recommended.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thanks. So I won't be able to see my modem details as it's locked and there is no other way to check my details? Would BT staff be able to do this on their side?  I'm still unable to check anything about my connection, any stats or even a simple BT speed test. Was hoping to avoid calling if I could get self help from here (and learn a thing or two)   but does this mean that my only recourse is to contact BT who would be able to see my technical details and speed test at their end?

edit.

Would BT be able to give me a new Hub with the modem integrated into it so I can check my stats? Also what about disconnecting the old ECI modem and making the HH3 a modem and use my Orbi router as the router (would it be hard to do this?)

winry_0-1639249971917.png

winry_1-1639250231252.png

Thanks,

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@winry 

Yo need to ask BT for a replacement hub, provided you are still in a contract?

You would not need the modem, and would be able to see your connection information.

The HH3 only works on standard (ADSL) broadband.

0 Ratings