cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Can’t connect to new router/modem

Hi Guys,

im stuck with my new broadband router and would appreciate your help and patience whilst I explain this:). 

a little over two weeks ago BT incorrectly billed my account and put me in sever arrears and restricted ALL services where restricted and the account was closed. when I highlighted this to themselves they accepted liability and agreed to open a new account and waive any costs to set this up, the BT engineer arrived today and the new router went to an instant solid blue, and told me it will work at midnight, the services have not activated after waiting much longer than one day and each time I try to connect to my WiFi it brings me to a page titled: 

62.6.38.125 & 194.74.65.98

SERVICE INFORMATION

You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your internet browser and internet applications before attempting to reconnect. This may clear the issue immediately, if not then please select the appropriate action from list below.

•Your service provider is currently unable to accept your connection request, please wait and reattempt later or contact your service provider for more information.
Or

•You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain, check your user details.
Or

•You are testing your connection using bt_test_user@startup_domain. Please proceed to next step as advised by your Service Provider
Or

•You are testing your connection to your service provider using bt_test_user@domain. where "domain" is your Service Provider domain name. Please proceed to next step as advised by your Service Provider.
Or

•The access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down. Your service should be resumed soon. Please try again later or contact your Service Provider

Page maintained by BTWholesale

id there any way I can access my internet it’s imperative that I gain the access at some point today 

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: Can’t connect to new router/modem

@Jackayres98 

Welcome to this user forum

Please can you check that your line has the correct phone number on it. Dial 17070, and you should hear your number read out, and can check it against your own number.

A crossed line or an incorrectly wired connection in the cabinet, can cause this error message.

Message 3 of 20

Hi there,

I don’t have a landline connected I’ve never used one I’m afraid is there anything else I can do 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

It would appear your account hasn't been reinstated correctly. You need to call customer services to find out what has happened.

Message 5 of 20

On the phone as we speak and useless as ever the keep reiterating it’s been reinstated correctly (clearly not) and they are laughing that I’m being stressed out about this (logging a complaint as we speak), the services I’m receiving are completely shocking firstly my services are incorrectly cut off then they accept liability issue a mini hub that you can barely watch a video on let alone work on and to top it off, come activation day it doesn’t work or the day after, somethings not right and I’m bro g told it’s MY fault 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

@Jackayres98 wrote:

Hi there,

I don’t have a landline connected I’ve never used one I’m afraid is there anything else I can do 

No, a basic wired phone is cheap, and helps to identify the issue, as a crossed line can take a while for BT to discover, as it will not show up on a line test.

There is nothing else you can do, apart from call BT.

Message 7 of 20

I’ve called they can’t see any fault on my account it’s really getting me angry I’m being treated this way thank you guys for your help but any more suggestions ? Is there a mod available ?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

The mods are that busy ATM it would take about a week for them to get around to your case.

Message 9 of 20

If you have a crossed line, that would be why they cannot detect a fault.

Get hold of a cheap wired phone (Less than £10), or borrow one from somebody, and check the phone number.

If its incorrect, then make a note of the number it says, and then ring BT and tell them your line is crossed with that number. They will ask Openreach to investigate.

Message 10 of 20

Engineer has been booked for Monday 1-6 I can’t believe after how many issues I’m even still with BT the internet is  about as useful as a bike with no wheels, the manager on the line even self admitted it’s a fault 

0 Ratings