cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Can’t connect to new router/modem

So I just got a landline and fitted it and the number quoted is the correct number associated with the account 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

@Jackayres98 wrote:

So I just got a landline and fitted it and the number quoted is the correct number associated with the account 

That is a good start, it proves that you do not have a crossed line.

What has probably happened, is that your line has been connected to the wrong port in the cabinet. You will have to wait for Openreach to check that.

Which BT Home hub are you using?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

I’m using the Bt smart hub 2 part of my complete WiFi package 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Does anyone know how to reset my broadband username and password as my username is currently reflecting as bthomehub@btbroadband.com and the password shows as not configured can It possibly be that ?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Yes, it is the generic username used by every BT customer. Authentication is via your phone number. It can't be changed and wouldn't work if you used a third party router with anything different.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

I’ve seen on multiple other cases that are the same as mine that they change it and it is updated and works straight away ? I’m very confused 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

No you haven't. They can't be changed and are the only PPPoE credentials that work with BT broadband.

You are possibly confusing it with the WiFi SSID and passkey.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

I’m afraid I have... direct copy of the information from the reply on a fault the exact same as mine:

You need to make sure that the login details on the router are correct.

This should work.

You can use a user name ofbroadbanduser@btbroadband.com and a password of bt

thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

That is for a third party router.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

As I said, the login is generic and cannot be changed on the home hub and are the credentials that need to be entered on a third party router. Strictly speaking, the  name that should be used is bthomehub@btbroadband.com but the part before @btbroadband.com sometimes works with a different string and is erroneously recommended as the correct credentials to be entered on third party routers.

0 Ratings