cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Can't downgrade online?

I've realized that despite being on Fibre 2 (and out of contract), I'm only getting speeds of Fibre 1, and it's substantially cheaper as a new customer.   The only offers I'm given on package changing online are for Halo packages which are even more expensive.  

Any suggestions other than ringing and waiting to talk to someone?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't downgrade online?

To get best deal phone options team 0800800030  you cannot get new customer deal as you are already a BT customer 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@imjollyYou sure about that?

"BT, Sky and TalkTalk will allow out-of-contract customers to get the same deals as new customers, when they take out a new contract. (BT will only allow existing customers to access new customer prices when sending end-of-contract and best tariff notifications.)"

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/fairer-prices-for-broadband-customers 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@pippincp 

Had not seen that as previously you had to have a gap from leaving BT  before you could be classified a new customer otherwise that was the obvious way to circumvent system to get new customer terms

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings