cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Can't find a broadband package that fulfills government standards

Hello, I'm looking for a broadband package for the flat I'm moving into next week.

Now, https://www.bt.com/broadband/USO states, quote, "You can already get speeds of 10Mb or more". But neither BT, nor any other company I can reach, will actually provide a broadband package that fulfills that. BT's own broadband package only offers 2-5Mb, with a guarantee of only 1Mb.

So, the question is -- how does BT figure I can get a 10Mb connection? Cause I'd really like one.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't find a broadband package that fulfills government standards

If you were thinking of it, there's a well known comparison website you can use before uswitch you switch providers

Message 3 of 8

It suggests a whole list of providers that do not, in fact, provide for the given address.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

The USO also includes mobile speeds so you may be able to get 10mb from your mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Use the address checker HERE and post  the result. Remove address before posting.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Clipboard03.png

This is what I get.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

See this link about the USO.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/broadband-uso-need-to-kno...

The 10Mbps does not have to be available via a landline or fibre. It just need to be available by some means which includes 4g and satellite connections. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

If the DSL checker return is for your  address, then the estimated speed is 16-29Mb , way in excess of the USO,  waiting list is just what it implies, you need to wait until capacity is available either by OR adding new equipment or by someone leaving the service....as the USO gives BT upto 24 months , then you don’t have any ‘right’ to demand it immediately , and no doubt before then the cab will no longer be ‘waiting list’

0 Ratings