cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Can't get above 420 wired on 900 package

Just got a new install and OR engineer has advised some of the best light levels he has seen.

Testing the connection via BTW, Fast.com etc max I have seen is 420mb but mostly sits around 350.

Interfaces are configured correctly and my upload was also capped at 50 until I rebooted.  He is going to say that he believes it's a faulty router in the installation notes.  I'm not expecting to be hitting 900 consistently but it's alarming if I'm not getting above 420.

I have tried 2 different laptops and multiple cat5e cables but no change.

Looking around on here there appears to be something very worrying with this product.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't get above 420 wired on 900 package

Try a direct PPoE connection to the ONT and see what speed you get.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Yeah think that's my next step.  Will post back later

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Some AV software can cause this, Sophos home for example.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

So bit of an update...

Got a notification from BT to say they have raised a fault automatically so I called the Fibre team and they advised they're seeing very slow download as well to the ONT (between 350 - 450mb) which is exactly what I am getting.

Problem is that they're saying a "home tech" will need to be dispatched and this is going to take 2 weeks.  I am not convinced this is an issue that they're going to address by sending out an engineer to the home as it's clearly within the OR  domain, possibly related to the VLAN or profile as mentioned on multiple threads.

Not exactly the experience I was hoping for as a new customer to be honest.  Is there any way to flag this to the team on here for further investigation?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

I've now had a notification to say that my right to end the contract early without termination fees has been withdrawn as I haven't provided any info.

Can a mod have a look into this?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

The mods have no control over FTTP issues, only the FTTP team. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings