cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 28

Can't order Fibre but my neighbors can?

Hi all. I wonder if someone can help me with this? I've seen similar e-mails with other users having a similar/the same problem so hopefully I can get in touch with someone who can sort this out.

I desperately want to order Fibre - All of my neighbours at even numbers seem to be able to order (some already have it). Us with odd numbers don't seem to be able to order. It looks like we are all connected to the same cabinet (BT systems confirm this) so I am thinking database error?? I have also completed and sent a form to Openreach but no response as of yet.

Please can someone point me in the right direction as to how I can get this resolved?

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Message 2 of 28

Re: Can't order Fibre but my neighbors can?

Hi @bmffan Welcome to the forum and thanks for your enquiry about fibre broadband.

Do you have an active phone line with BT at your address? If so please can you put your phone number into the Broadband Availabilty Checker and post the results. 

Please remember to remove your phone number before posting the results.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 28

Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I do have an active phone line. Here is the results:

BT Wholesale

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number  on Exchange WATTON AT STONE is served by Cabinet 2

ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 17.5--16 to 19.5Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 17.5Up to 1.516 to 19.5Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date19-06-2018      

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market A Exchange.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 28

Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I do have an active phone line and here are the results:

Telephone Number on Exchange WATTON AT STONE is served by Cabinet 2

ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 17.5--16 to 19.5Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 17.5Up to 1.516 to 19.5Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date19-06-2018      

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 28

And this is the result of the house directly opposite me :

Address WATTON AT STONE, HERTFORD, SG14 3QA on Exchange WATTON AT STONE is served by Cabinet 2

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability DateFTTP Install ProcessADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Other Offerings     Availability Date 
WBC FTTPUp to 1000Up to 220--Available1 Stage 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 17--10 to 19.5Available-- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 17Up to 1.510 to 19.5Available-- 
ADSL MaxUp to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available-- 
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available-- 
Fixed Rate2----Available-- 
VDSL Multicast------Available-- 
ADSL Multicast------Available-- 

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:- Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed Not Evaluated. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 28

from the results and codelookup cabinet 2 is not fibre enabled  cab 3 was enabled in april 2018  maybe your neighbours are on that cab

edit  your neighbours have access to FTTP which has nothing to do with the cabinet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 28

Ok, thanks for this. What would be the likely reason do you know for my neighbors (including the house directly opposite me) to have access to FTTP and I wouldn't? Is there anyway this can be resolved?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 28

have you noticed any openreach work being done on your telephone pole?  I would expect work and may black box on neighbours

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 28

Hi. We do not have telephone poles here - It's a new build estate.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 28

ok then as new build do you have something like this in your home  FTTP modem.jpg

0 Ratings