cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 11 of 28

Re: Can't order Fibre but my neighbors can?

Hi. No I don't have one of those or similar. I have a active phone line and broadband router plugged into the master socket like this one :

Image result for bt phone socket

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 28

Hi @bmffan What does the Openreach Where and When section say when you put your number or your address in.

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 13 of 28

Hi. It just says "we are exploring solutions" (first box) where as houses opposite are "accepting ultrafast orders"

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 28

I think you need to speak to your estate developer and ask why your houses weren't fibred when built.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 15 of 28

Hi. Ok, thanks for the suggestion and please don't consider this rude but I don't see how this will help me at this stage. It won't answer my question as to why my neighbors can order but I cannot which is what I really want to understand/resolve. I can only assume they didn't do it because of costs.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 28

It probably won't help you, but might give a reason for why it wasn't done then and if that same reason precludes fibre being available in the future. However, it is more likely to be cost or incompetence of the developer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 17 of 28

Agreed but is there any way or suggestions for esclating this? I've filled out the form from Openreach and await a response but have a feeling it won't get me much further. I can also file a complaint I suppose? It is really frustrating as to why I cannot find someone who can give me a logical/truthful answer as to why some of us cannot order fibre and some can 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 28

You could try talking to the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787. The mods here are unable to deal with FTTP queries.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 19 of 28

Ok, thanks. I'll try calling them tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 20 of 28

@bmffan wrote:

Hi. Ok, thanks for the suggestion and please don't consider this rude but I don't see how this will help me at this stage. It won't answer my question as to why my neighbors can order but I cannot which is what I really want to understand/resolve. I can only assume they didn't do it because of costs.

It won't be a cost issue as Openreach has been supplying FTTP to new builds of 30 or more homes at no cost to the developer since November 2016. https://www.ournetwork.openreach.co.uk/news/more-new-build-sites-to-get-fttp-connection-for-free.asp...

Only the developer will know why your property wasn't included as they are the ones who should have registered with Openreach in the begining.

0 Ratings