cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Can't subscribe to Fibre 1

Go to solution

BT can't seem to tell me why I can't subscribe to Fibre 1 in the DA16 area. They've told me that the area is being upgraded to FTTP and it will be the same price as FTTC, which I believe is untrue.

An ex BT engineer friend has told me that the most likely reason is that the green cabinet is full to capacity. 

If so, how do I get BT to upgrade the cabinet?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Can't subscribe to Fibre 1

Go to solution

@MrBeagle wrote:

BT can't seem to tell me why I can't subscribe to Fibre 1 in the DA16 area. They've told me that the area is being upgraded to FTTP and it will be the same price as FTTC, which I believe is untrue.

For a given service, the price is the same regardless of how it is delivered.

An ex BT engineer friend has told me that the most likely reason is that the green cabinet is full to capacity. 

Quite possibly. If you enter your phone number in the checker and post a screenshot of the result, we will be able to tell you. Remember to delete your number from the screenshot before posting.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If so, how do I get BT to upgrade the cabinet?

Nothing to do with BT, it is Openreach. If they have plans for FTTP they are extremely unlikely to increase capacity in the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

screengrab-20200828-174148.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Can you post the requested screenshot please.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

That brief message is the screenshot!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

That is not the screenshot requested. Read @licquorice post again and click the link given.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Sorry, my bad.Polish_20200828_180509369(1).png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Use your address, as presumably you don't have a BT line, or if you have, don't leave any spaces when entering the number.

Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I don't have aPolish_20200828_200543636.png BT line now I'm with Virgin.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

That explains why you cannot get FTTC from BT or any other ISP. Your cabinet has not yet been upgraded for fibre

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.