cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Cancelation of contract as BT Discs are not compatible with Sky-Q System

Hello

I've tried several times to call through and the one time I did get through the person on the other end couldn't hear me. 

We have BT Complete with the discs and I had 6 of them set up in a 3bed house that isn't very big to begin with but I was told that it would reach down the garden which sounded great. 

Since then I've been on the phone several times, had all new discs and all manner of tests done, the last time I called in I was given an extender to do a direct LAN link, Sky have completely replaced every single box twice and given me a sky router, I've changed the frequency so that they are all on one frequency and I'm still getting errors on the sky-q mini box's. 

I'd like to cancel my contract but I can't find another way of finding out how much it is going to cost as I am tired of this for the last 12 months - I know the contract is due to end in September. I'm paying sky for a service that I can't watch due to the mesh interfering with the signal and yes we have taken all of the discs off line and I still get error messages. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cancelation of contract as BT Discs are not compatible with Sky-Q System

Are you sure they are complete Wi-Fi as opposed to WholeHome? BT Complete Wi-Fi discs only work with the BT Smarthub 2, they won't work with a sky router

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

According to the last BT Person I spoke with, we are on BT Halo sorry got my BT product mixed up - I have has a few new hubs over the last 12 months
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4

Are your Wi-Fi discs BT ones and if so are they black or white?

The black ones only work with the BT Smarthub 2 so if you have them, but you're not using the BT Smarthub2 then they are doing nothing, this could mean a weak signal at the Sky Q box and hence a high error rate.

The White discs will work with any router but one of them must be plugged into it

0 Ratings