cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RQ
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Cannot Authenticate with online games (League of Legends)

Hi,

I upgraded to BT infinity in October 2017, and received a Smart Hub modem. From this day onwards I have had trouble playing League of Legends online on my macbook. It has trouble 'authenticating', which means I cannot enter online games, and is very temperamental. The only way I can play is to use my phone as a mobile hotspot, begin a game, and then switch back to BT Infinity, since Infinity seems unable to make this connection whereas my phone can.

It is not a problem with the game, nor my laptop - other people have the same issues on other devices using this connection. Likewise, I can play it fine on my laptop from other locations.

I feel like I have tried everything, changed the firewall, port forwarding, split the bands into 2 and 5 ghz, but still nothing seems to help.

Please could you advise me on how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot Authenticate with online games (League of Legends)

Buy a decent third party VDSLModem/router. They start in price at about £30 on Amazon for the TP-Link TD-W9970.

0 Ratings
RQ
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

So the standard BT router is bad?

What will be different with a new one? And will I have to tinker with any settings?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Have read through the forum about how good or bad the Smarthub is and make up your own mind.

It will more or less auto set up when you plug it in. If it does not you need to enter the username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and use the password BT if it needs one.

0 Ratings
RQ
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I've just bought the recommended router but I am still having the exact same problem. 

Does anyone have any other ideas?

0 Ratings
RQ
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Just resurfacing this as there so far has been no solution. Has anyone else had any luck solving this problem?

0 Ratings