cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Cannot connect following router reset

Go to solution

Hi, I recently \9 in the last 6 months swapped my BT homehub for a TP link router... it worked great, it was faster, and never disconneted. Today I was trying to connect my smart tv to it and ended up messing up and then trying to reset the router ( 15sec press of the reset button. Following this I couldnt reconnect to the net. I reset it again then realised I hadn't added the username homehub@btbroadband.com and password BT .... I did this and it seemed to work briefly then doisconnected. I reset the router once again and input the username etc but now all Iget when I try to access the net on a browser from my phone or laptop is this below!  Can anyone shed any light on the issue please,

Thanks   Dave

Screenshot 2020-10-25 at 18.39.17.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot connect following router reset

Go to solution

@DaveLat wrote:

Hi, I recently \9 in the last 6 months swapped my BT homehub for a TP link router... it worked great, it was faster, and never disconneted. Today I was trying to connect my smart tv to it and ended up messing up and then trying to reset the router ( 15sec press of the reset button. Following this I couldnt reconnect to the net. I reset it again then realised I hadn't added the username homehub@btbroadband.com and password BT .... I did this and it seemed to work briefly then doisconnected. I reset the router once again and input the username etc but now all Iget when I try to access the net on a browser from my phone or laptop is this below!  Can anyone shed any light on the issue please,

Thanks   Dave

I would suggest that the connection information has not been saved, as the connection is not authenticating.

Which TP Link router are you using? Have you tried the setup wizard again?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I think you are correct. I input the connection info and click save but it doesn't appear to do so! I'm using the tether app. Its the archer vr900 this one :

IMG_1.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@DaveLat wrote:

I think you are correct. I input the connection info and click save but it doesn't appear to do so! I'm using the tether app. Its the archer vr900 this one :

Connect to it using an Ethernet cable, as the tether app may not allow you to change any settings which could result in the Internet being disconnected.

If all else fails, try a factory reset, and then set it up via an Ethernet connection.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I will do as you suggest, thank you. I don't have a laptop with an ethernet connection so I have just ordered a USB to Ethernet adaptor so I will give it a go when it arrives and report back,

many thanks

Dave

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi,

I received the adaptor in good time today and I have successfully connected via ethernet to the tp link router which allowed me to enter the info and importantly it saved it.  This did the trick, all back up working inc the wi fi until I plugged another ethernet cable into the smart tv and this stopped the router working again, wi fi went down and my sky q box reported no internet connection. I unplugged the ethernet cable from the TV and everthing worked again!! I have left the ethernet cable unplugged from the amart tv and connected it using wi fi, not my first choice but everything works ok like that. I thought the ethernet cable might be faulty but it works fine when tested with another device. Anyone make any sense of this issue?

0 Ratings