cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
terracegent
Message 1 of 6

Cannot connect my netbook wirelessly to newly installed infinity

Hi,

Just upgraded from HH3 to HH3 with infinity everything wireless in the household including my grandfathers pacemaker can connect to it wirelessly except my Samsung Netbook n130. Not an expert however worked fine then infinity installed and just wont connect wirlessly. Does connect on ethernet. Have spoken to india helpdesk 3 times and advised it was my norton antivirus which i uninstalled, this didnt work.   then wireless card drivers which we upgraded, this didnt work, then switching wireless channel this didntwork, then using a different wireless key this didnt work. in the end they gave up. Then contacted the pay it service and they couldnt help so 3 days after install and 4 hrs on the phone and lumbered with mcafree instead of my favoured norton i am at the point where i just want normal broadband back can anybody help or experienced something similar?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot connect my netbook wirelessly to newly installed infinity

Hi terracegent and welcome

Was the same HH3 used?

Can you see your own SSID and others in your area using your laptop?

Where did you update the wireless card from?

Is the HH3 set up with it's default settings?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
terracegent
Message 3 of 6

thanks for the reply

yes the same hh3 was used as only 3 months old

yes hub is back to default settings and yes i can see local users ids on this pc.

It tells me everytime i am connected etc. i can disconn and reconn at will and will disply full connection

iupgraded the wireless card through right click for driver update. I understand that infinity is a g signal which the realtek card should be capable of picking up.

i have the help aplet running however always confirms everything then says problem with browser. Sounds like a config problem somewhere however i am of limited ability so confusing the hell out of me.

other option is to disable the wireless card and use a plug in but not sure if this will work if i purchase one

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Argh, your first post was a little misleading;)

So it does connect to the hub via wireless, but you get a browser issue when you attempt to use your browser?

And you don't get a browser issue when using Ethernet?

Go to the samsung website and check for driver updates there. Don't rely on windows

Nope, infinity or do you mean the home hub, is b/g/n not just g. As many on here suggest, You could try changing the hubs setting to just b/g as n devices are compatible on g anyway. However I do leave mine set as b/g/n with no issues

Erm the applet, that's not BTBB desktop help is it?:(

It's worth removing this if it's installed

what is the exact message displayed when you can't use your browser?

(sorry for the q's, just trying to help find the cause and a solution)

btw I don't think it was ever an antivirus issue.

0 Ratings
terracegent
Message 5 of 6

Thanks again no deffo not antivirus they just wanted to get rid of me as they hadnt got a clue what to suggest.

Sorry to mislead you as you state there are no browser issues on ethernet just when on wireless

I always get the page cant be displyed diagnose connection problems screen. It has on 2 occasions brought up a text version of the msn homepage but f you click any link just goes back to the above message. and this has happend twice out of 100 odd attempts.

just cant figure what has changed from infinity install as worked on bt broadband and aol previously.

i will have a go on the samsung site however i am so limited my attempts may take some time.

thank you for your help and patience 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

No need to be sorry, it's very easy to miss bits out;)

Can you try another browser such as Mozilla Firefox, does it still give an error when on wireless?

Can you remember if you ever changed any settings or installed any programs just prior to moving to infinity?

Have you tried system restore to a date before the change to infinity, then check for any windows updates.

I don't know much about Samsung's or their website. Look for a section regarding updates. There must be something:|

0 Ratings