cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Cannot connect to the internet using TP-LINK Archer 600 Router

Hello,

I have had my broadband upgraded to super fast broadband, the problem is that my TP-LINK Archer VR600 router will not connect to the internet, at the end of the setup it tells me to check that the phone cable is properly connected, but I don't need to use the phone cable any more. 

Have reset the router back to factory settings put the cable into the WAN/LAN Port on the back of the router but no good still have the problem.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Matthew

Matthew
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Cannot connect to the internet using TP-LINK Archer 600 Router

Do you have a separate modem, as that would be the only reason you would connect to the WAN socket?

Normally you would use the DSL connection and that plugs into the phone socket.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Hello, Keith,

Thanks for getting back to me so fast, how do I out if I have upgraded to ultrafast (G.Fast).

Please let me know.

Thanks

Matthew

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Hello Keith

Don't have separate modem all I have is the the TP-LINK Archer VR600 Wireless MU-MIMO VDSL/ADSL Modem Router.

will the router work with super fast broadband ?

Hope this help.

Thanks

Matthew

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

@MATTHEWATLANT0S 

If you have G.Fast then VR600 won't work and the options for a combined modem/router are very limited. The SmartHub 2 obviously will work though.

Please confirm precisely what your broadband is , is it SuperFast or UltraFast as they are 2 different products.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Hello Tim Curtis

I have check what you have asked I don't have G Fast, but have UltraFast.

Hope this help.

Thanks 

MATTHEWATLANT0S

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Ultrafast is delivered either by G.Fast or FTTP.

If it's FTTP then you'll have one of these, if not it's G.Fast.

Nokia ONT.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Hello,

Thanks for the picture is was a great help, it's FTTP the box is same. the box I have is a smaller then the one in the picture. 

Hope this help

Thanks

Matthewatlant0s

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

The router thinks you are connecting to the DSL port rather than the WAN port. Factory reset the VR600 and when you run the set up wizard, select 'Other' for broadband type, rather than BT VDSL.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

I just would like to forewarn you regarding the VR600. There are many complaints about this router all over the internet. I personally had one before and had to stop using it due to the 5GHz wireless connection constantly dropping that could only be fixed by restarting the router and also it kept overheating. It was sometimes so hot you could hardly touch it. First I thought I had a faulty device, but I did some research and actually there are many people out there with the same issues. For reference, I had the VR600 V2. You might be one of those lucky ones who doesn't have any issue with it however I would recommend to get rid of it and buy a decent router instead.

0 Ratings