cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NorthantsPete
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Cant get any fibre deals yet in the middle of Northampton Town, 100 yeards from exchange

Im in nn4 8py

I cant get any fibre deals with bt or other providers on bt hardware.

I was told by an engineer 2 years ago i have no cabinet, i  go direct to the exchange as its across the road, so why cant i get fibre??

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Gary_C
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cant get any fibre deals yet in the middle of Northampton Town, 100 yeards from exchange

I take it you mean FTTC ? (rather than a fibre into your house)

That does seem odd, but I imagine Openreach are running fibers to cabinets to cover the majority of customers and probably havent even thought of your odd connection ?

Does sound as if you should have the best VDSL connection ever !

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cant get any fibre deals yet in the middle of Northampton Town, 100 yeards from exchange

FTTC only runs from cabinets and you need to wait as openreach do install cabinets right outside the exchange but there does not appear to be priority cases.  try your superfast council website for more information

I suppose the big plus side is you must have a great adsl2+ connection which many people did not have for years

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings