cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: Capped Broadband - help with my obsession pleaseeeeeeee!?

I have an (older) cable which has RJ11 on one end and the large "phone" type connector on the other - but I will take advice and just use a brand new filter with the same cable tonight when I get home

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

You can't use that cable with a filter, you would be plugging it into the filtered part rather than the unfiltered. Try with a filter and RJ11-RJ11 cable. The problem might be the cable.

Message 13 of 25

Oh ok, will give it a go.  I have a brand new filter and cable from when I phoned BT and seemingly the best way to get me off the phone was to pointlessly send out a new Smarthub 1 to replace my perfectly fine Smarthub 1...

Might actually come in useful!

Will report back later.

I'm also trying to source (borrow) a 3rd party modem/router to mess with too.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

Don't make too many disconnections/connections or DLM will take action and reduce your speed. Definitely no more than one in an hour.

Message 15 of 25

careful to many disconnection as you try different thing may result in DLM taking action and reducing your connection speed and increasing your noise margin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 16 of 25

Haha yes jinxed posts.

I have just got word that I also still have a working openreach modem (the one that used to get installed seperately before the homehub 5 i think?).  This obviously gives me more options when it comes to routers. (If I switch both I'll do them both at the same disconnect point!)

Do you guys actually see many people see improvements going back to the separate kit? The smarthub was always known as decent but it's fairly old now.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

if smart hub old now then modems are ancient😄

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Fair point!

To be honest, I don't need need wifi improvements.  Everything is hard wired into the smart hub anyway. I've honestly read so much for days now, but something about bufferbloat on Stadia/streaming services etc.

I just need the fastest possible modem and fastest possible router.

Damn just found out the modem I have is the ECI version 😞 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 25

so is your cabinet ECI

Message 20 of 25

Yes, but the HG612 version can be easily hacked to enable the web UI... I'm comfortable with that, less so soldering the ECI version!

0 Ratings