cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 25

Re: Capped Broadband - help with my obsession pleaseeeeeeee!?

@zoonyxwrote:

Finally just to throw random phrases at you.... G.IMP and vectoring... are these relevant to VDSL - I've read that the smart hub doesn't support them but the network does?

Take a look here for an explanation :-

http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2014/vectoring-crosstalk-crisis

Message 22 of 25

280FE857-9727-4F30-A4C1-E917A4DC51EF.jpeg

This is through the test port, a new filter and a different rj11-rj11.  Oddly slightly slower but within the realm of ‘it just is’.  

so I’m still basically losing around 5mb sync from the front of the house to the side via a brand new cable - unless the engineer was wrong when he said the sync speed there was 60mb.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 25

As that is virtually the same speed and attainable speed it does not look liked your line is capable of going any faster 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 24 of 25

Apparently so 😞

19E24507-0B42-41AF-B889-E246FA65AB05.jpeg

I’ll still probably get an alternative modem at some point just for the lols and to prove myself wrong but yep.  Still think it’s weird though!

(I’m aware first world problems etc - I’m arguing over ‘only’ getting 50mb here)

edit: really oddly I do get a faster speed without using the test port.  I do think I’d be able to eek out a little extra with the right modem.  Noise is now 6.1 / 6.1 but the sync speed is higher. Anyway stability is good..

576F308A-0C56-40B6-84B9-82878B26B7B6.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 25

If you really want to you 'can' fit a Vigor 130 modem as that does have the capability to spoof the noise margin and reduce it for faster download speeds, but it increases the possibility of errors and subsequent DLM intrusion and when I did it, I didn't really get much benefit from the speed increase (though it did actually increase 🙂 ) and I reset it back.

Its a good and stable modem though.
0 Ratings