Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 22

Re: Capped at 40000kbit Sync Rate

Your connection speed will drop if you start getting resets suggesting connection problems so you could then get engineer visit. The speed range shown on the dslchecker is connection speed and at present you are well within expected connection speed range

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 22

BT support - DLM does not apply to FTTC connections, only FTTP

Having a bit of a confusing exchange with BT at the moment.

Despite my connection being synced at *exactly* 40000Kbit/sec, support are adamant that DLM is not applied on FTTC connections.

Is there any truth to this?

They also said I shouldn't have more than 4 devices connected, but I'll gloss over that 🙄

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 22

Re: BT support - DLM does not apply to FTTC connections, only FTTP

the DLM most certainly operates on FTTC connections

can you post your router stats  if hh6 the advanced settings then technical log information

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 22

@DiscoDave1 wrote:

They also said I shouldn't have more than 4 devices connected, but I'll gloss over that 🙄

That should give you a clue to the veracity of their answers!! 😉

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 22

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 16 of 22

Hi @DiscoDave1,

Welcome back to the Community and thanks for posting.

Sorry that you have been given incorrect information when you spoke to Customer Services. DLM is applied on FTTC connection so I'm not too sure why Customer Service told you that it wasn't.

Have you ever been able to get speeds above 40mbps?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 22

I used to get between 44-45mbit. Attainable rate is near that value.

Is there a way I can get DLM removed from my connection without going through support? Clearly they don't have a clue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 22

I have merged your threads together because apart from the wrong information given from the CS rep they are basically about the same thing and it saves you having to repeat any information that may be needed.

Highlighted
Message 19 of 22

@DiscoDave1

Unlike ADSL connections we are unable to reset DLM for VDSL connection and this can only be done by our supplier. Normally they will only do this if the line has been faulty and DLM is stuck for over 14 days. I can run a few checks on your connection to see if we can find anything which could be causing DLM to band the line to 40mbps. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 22

You cannot have DLM removed from your connection  if your  connection was or is unstable then DLM may increase banding and drop speed below 40mb down to next band 

As long as within estimated connection speed range I cant see BT doing anything

0 Ratings