cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Capped linespeed

Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.23 - 14.00.47.00.pngHi so i joined BT and these are the speeds they have given me. 

Normal available speeds
Your normal available download speed will be between 29-36 Mbps
Your normal available upload speed will be between 5-9 Mbps

Minimum guaranteed download speed
Your minimum guaranteed download speed will be 25 Mbps

I am on superfast 2 with speeds upto 67mbps. Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.23 - 13.23.51.80 (2).png

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Capped linespeed

Your line is incapable of Superfast 2 speeds. The 67Mbps is an average of everyone on Superfast 2 some get more some less.

Post your connections stats. HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk. HH6/Smart Hub Advanced settings/thechnical log/information.

Message 3 of 9

@thomo2284 

Your line speed range, for the distance you are from the cabinet, is 35-51 Mbs.

The test results indicate 38.51Mbs, which is within that range.

Message 4 of 9

its just have an engineer out before and said i should be getting around 50mbps 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

So why didn't he do anything or was it a useless Qube engineer?

Message 6 of 9

post the hub stats

did you move from a previous ISP?  if so what speed were you getting?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 9

It was when i was with bt previous they made 2 visits after i was connected between 46 - 48 mbps was on complete wifi left bt for sky had issues with them so i thought i would stick with what i know came back to bt and here i am now 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

you currently have a 40mb connection on an attainable of 43mb.  however you are on Huawei cab so if you can keep a stable connection then DLM should activate G.INP which will give a small speed boost and noise margin drops to 3db

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 9

thank you for all your help might look into a second line fitted nothing more i can do till fttp gets rolled out 

0 Ratings