cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markyd91
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Cardiff / landfall speed issues.

Is anyone in the Cardiff / Llandaf area having terrible speeds with infinity ATM? Mine have been terrible for weeks. Should be getting download speeds of 50mbps but I'm getting 2 Mbps at best. I don't really want to call the helpline just to run through the same tests continuously.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
markyd91
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cardiff / landfall speed issues.

Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 21.43.23.png

0 Ratings
markyd91
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Ok, so after reading some threads here about there connections being slowed or "Shaped" I have done some testing. Speeds remain at around 2-8mbps up until midnight then after midnight my speed is back to normal. Not very happy with this as I pay for the unlimited expensive package and yet your limiting my traffic throughout the day BT!

Screen Shot 2014-10-03 at 00.24.49.png

0 Ratings
markyd91
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I am now going to do this test for the next 7 days and post the results here.

0 Ratings
markyd91
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Ok, day 2 and the results are the same, spped is at 50mbps or so until about 3pm, then gradually from 3pm until midnight the speed gets slower and slower until it reaches about 3-8mbps at best. Then after midnight im sure its going to jump up to 50+ again. Can anyone clarify if this is ok for them to do. I am on the unlimited package that stated NO SLOWDOWNS, NO LIMITS.Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
Arronleeds
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Bt do not throttle you, it looks like congestion to me, so it won't just be you in the area with the problem, you will need to report it as somebody else may not have and the longer it takes to report the longer it takes to get sorted. Just simply call up on 08001114467. Tell them the problem and say its at peak times every day and ask for your exchange to be checked.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi Markyd91

I can have the speeds investigated for you.

Send us an email using the contact the mods link in my profile, the link is in the section 'About Me'.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings