cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Case for ONT

Go to solution

Hi,

I have FTTP on order and spotted in the Openreach guide that there is a case that holds the Nokia ONT and the cables neatly rather than on show in the hallway.  Two neighbors have just had their install and neither got the case / I chatted with the engineer and he knew nothing about them.....

How do I get one of the cases shown here: https://www.openreach.com/content/dam/openreach/openreach-dam-files/images/fibre-broadband/fibre-for...

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Case for ONT

Go to solution

the cases are only installed on Greenfield Sites, aka New Builds.

Brownfield Sites don’t have them installed and instead are just wall mounted and the EZ Bend Lead In Cable in protected/covered by an Internal Lead In Kit, it’s basically a round plug.

What’s in the circle is an Internal Lead In Kit. Ignore the ONT, that’s the old 4+2.

6B1007A5-708A-4218-B960-99F6442A727A.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Starwire - that's a shame.  The kit has reduced in size over the last few years but it still looks a bit of a mess beside the front door 😞    Does Openreach not have anyone on their design team that is bothered about what things look like....   

Another query  on neatness.  Why cant the EZ cable go out of the back of the CSP into the house rather than back down the wall and not in the trunking? https://tinyurl.com/a9tbuy9s

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The ONT sits flush against the wall.

To try and hide the EZ Bend behind it would damage the Fibre.

I know because we had to revisit almost 30 sites to replace the cable and install it correctly where some idiot Contractor installed them like that and they all went faulty within 6 months.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for your help. The installs in my street don't have the cable glands on the inside or outside but they do have blown bricks and plenty of silicone smeared everywhere. I guess I need to find the complaints email prior to the install as they seem to be sub contracted bodge people..
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Not many people, including Openreach Engineers use the External Lead In Kit, they’re overkill and in my opinion look worse with them.

As for the Blown Bricks, that’s down to the Engineer but sometimes it’s unavoidable.

0 Ratings