cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cease & Reprovide Pain...different story every time i call

I've been having various speed/stability issues with my FTTC. I had an internal engineer (who was very helpful) visit who confirmed it was an external line issue and my speed had been capped due to line stability issues.

Then the external engineer came out (again very helpful and provided updates throughout his investigations) and identified/fixed a fault on the line which increased the speed marginally. He also said there was lots of interference on the line which was causing us to not get our guaranteed speeds. He said tis would prove difficult to fix.

He also said that unlike our neighbours we are not on the closest cabinet (which was put in about 1 year ago). He said he would raise a cease and re-provide order to get us moved to the closest cabinet which would bypass the interference issue and boost our speed significantly (from ~15Mbp to up much nearer 75Mbp). That was on 11th August. He said it would likely be done in 2-3 days. All sounded great!

To our horror the BBand was cut off shortly after that call (we assumed it would be ceased/reprovided on the same day!) and we are stuck with a flashing purple light on the hub. 

I've called BT several time since and nobody seems to be able to tell me when it will be reconnected. I've been told slightly different things every time such as:

- It will be done later today (16th)

- Openreach needed some more infor which had been requested but not given until now (17th)

- The cease order hadn't been fully put through until now hence the delay, we are back to the back of the openreach queue (19th)

- You will get an update on the 23rd (19th)

I'm starting to lose faith as the story changes every time. It is a nightmare with the kids at home and two of us trying to work from home via a 4G router which doesn't cover all of our house.

Does anyone know how I can find out the true status and expected timeline of when we will get our Fibre broadband back online? Any help gratefully received.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cease & Reprovide Pain...different story every time i call

Hi @JnL73T 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry that your broadband service has been disconnected.  Due to the time this has been going on, we can pick this up and help get you up and running again.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks @RobbieMac . I've just replied to your private message.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Any joy @RobbieMac ?

Still no word from BT or Openreach. When i track the fault on MyBT the last estimated fix date is still showing as 12th August!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @JnL73T 

Thanks for posting back.

I'll be personally picking up your case and I will be in touch with you about this later today.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings