cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Cease and Reprovide Nightmare!

Hi I’m hoping someone can help as I am just going round in circles and getting nowhere! 

BT broadband was slow and dropping so I report a fault 28th Sept and was advised fix would be by 2nd Oct 2021. Got an update to say delayed and 4th October was new date for resolution. Still not sorted by 4th. Get a text message while at work on 5th October advising all fixed! Get home to find no WiFi on at all and solid orange on hub. 

I go through rebooting and factory resets trying to get a connection but nothing works so call 150 number to be advised by the agent a manual escalation needs to be sent to OR and an engineer will be in touch as the fault must be at my house now. I await contact or even confirmation that something is happening but nothing!

Get home from work day after to a letter telling me it’s time for my renewal and to contact to be upgraded to halo 3. I call the number to tell them I would like to renew but I need them to provide the service I am already supposed to be receiving! Another 45 minute call where I speak to faults department who find my line was moved from faulty line to another but it’s not been activated. He called it cease and Reprovide. He said he would make a note to call OR when open in the morning and call me back with an update. He told me I will be getting £8 a day compensation and already on day 6 but I said I would rather have WiFi working! He advised at worst it will be 12th October before up again but will update me tomorrow.

It is now the day after, my update call never arrived so spent another 55 minutes on the phone trying to get answers as to what’s happening and why taking so long. Agent had discussions with other departments who didn’t know what was happening and it will now be next Thursday before I’m back up but they weren’t really sure as it could be longer! 

I have now been told to call tomorrow on 0800 800 150 number and to ask for the DI Team as they may know what’s happening and how long before we are back to getting WiFi. 

Has anyone been through this before that can advise me the correct place to call where they will know what’s happening and get our WiFi switched back on? Just can’t believe they switch me off then no one even knows what’s happening! Any help or contacts would be very much appreciated. I just want WiFi back on 🙂

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cease and Reprovide Nightmare!

Hi @Flinders,

I am so sorry to read about the problems with getting you connected again.

My team can look into all of this for you but it may take us a couple of working days before we can. I'll send you a private message which will allow you to contact us.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Flinders 

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me earlier this afternoon.

I 'm working on putting everything right for you.  I'll be back in touch tomorrow with the next update.  We will get your broadband back up and running and once the service issues are resolved we can chat about everything else.

I'll keep this open from here until you tell me you're happy that everything is fully resolved.

Catch up with you again tomorrow.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Good morning RobbieMac

Thank you for taking this up for me but I am still not connected to my broadband. It was supposed to have been switched on yesterday but I am still without. This has been a month now since I reported the fault and I’m still not back up and running and still no one has explained why I was ceased and never reprovided or why it’s even taking this long?! 

Ok I have a mini hub which you kindly arranged but this can’t cope with the demand we put on it and I can’t use Wi-Fi in other rooms of the house. I have patiently waited again for the date I was told I would be back up and running but that has now passed. Please can you tell me what is going on?! 
Thanks, Sharon
@RobbieMac 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Flinders .

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're not connected yet. I'll make sure @RobbieMac is aware when he's in the office later today.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Well this just goes round and round getting nowhere! Is there anyone on here who has experienced this issue and if so how did you get it resolved? 
Quick overview of issue:

28th Sept report fault on broadband 

6th Oct text to say sorted - it’s not….. I get home from work to find it’s been switched off.

Many calls 6th, 7th and 8th Oct. Over an hour each time and told a different story each time and some didn’t even know what cease and reprovide was :-(. Told I would get a call back on 8th but didn’t so I called. 
Raised message on here and Robbie gets in touch and says will resolve. Order placed to get broadband back 12th October and switch on date 26th Oct. Patiently wait with useless mini hub they sent to find on 26th Oct at the last few hours before go live they cancel my order!

Many calls to BT again to get told many times that it will be sorted. Another order raised on 27th October for broadband for it to be cancelled again! No one can give me answers as to why and Openreach haven’t given reasons either.

Again promises of calls back don’t arrive so I’ve called back again on Monday when my promised call didn’t happen. On the phone for over 2 hours being passed from person to person in different departments. No one can get an answer from openreach as to why cancelled reconnection, no one admitting why my broadband was stopped rather than switched back on again! 

I get given email address for staff member who said he would definitely sort this, applied £20 credit to my account for the problems I’m having….. I just want my broadband back! He passes me to another department who wants to close my telephone line account as that’s the only way to get broadband back! I say I don’t want to lose my line number I’ve had for 4 years due to their error. He puts me through to another department who goes through all the details again! Spent over 2 hours on phone getting nowhere! He couldn’t get through to Openreach so arranged a call back for today.

Called me at 12.30 today and he can’t do anything as systems are down so will call me back at 5pm. Get called back at 5.10 to spend another 1 hour 30 mins on the phone! He can’t get through to Openreach on the phone so I suggested he use the chat service. He has to ask a manager to do this! Finally he gets through to Openreach using chat but they can’t answer why order cancelled twice, can’t answer why they ceased and didn’t Reprovide. I keep saying I haven’t placed an order for broadband I am requesting the broadband I had be switched back on after their repair to the fault! No one is admitting why when repairing the fault they just turned off my broadband. No one can re switch on broadband without submitting a new order, which will mean me losing my telephone number and many days of compensation due, and also I will have to wait another 14 days to do this! I would also need to have a credit check against me for them to complete the order for the new account which will be on my credit file at a time I’m due to renew my mortgage!

All this I am penalised for the incompetence of their error switching off my broadband rather than repairing! I am getting nowhere! I just want my broadband switching back on! I reported a fault and now I can’t get back my broadband! Is it really that hard for them to resolve from their error!? 

is there anywhere else I can take this to escalate my complaint? I just don’t know where to go from here to get my broadband back! It’s 8 weeks since reported fault can I now ask for a deadlock letter so I can take further to the ombudsman services communication via ofcom? Has anyone any idea what next steps I can take to get my broadband back? Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Flinders,

I am so sorry to see that this is still ongoing. @RobbieMac is out of office until next week but @NeilO will be looking into this for you in his absence. We will check over everything and let you know what options are available to you.

Again, I am sorry for all of the problems. We'll do all we can to help.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings