cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ND1
Message 1 of 15

Cease and reprovide horrors

I’m with BT for 3 years the whole time my speeds have been around 300kb/s download.

an open-reach engineer came out and said you have a fault with your line and your 2km away from the cabinet when there is a closer cabinet 5 metres away. 

So the cease and reprovide will put my broadband through this other cabinet which it was running through anyways

After about 1 month of waiting the cease goes through, my case manager calls me and says it’ll be 5 working days and he’ll call me on the Friday ( it started Monday) 

After the internet didn’t come up on Friday it called in on Friday, was told the internet would be up Monday, called in on Monday was told it would be up Wednesday, called up on Wednesday finally got a competent adviser and told me the cease has gone through but nobody has ordered the reprovide this is day 10 at this point. 

Case manager didn’t follow up with the reprovide until the adviser emailed him to call me, eventually get a call on Thursday he says sorry and says he put in my order for reprovide through the whole sale team and my internet should be up Monday,

come Monday nothing, call up the case manager he says sorry wholesale team gave me wrong dates it’ll be up Wednesday, so come Tuesday I call wholesale they said nobody put in a reprovide order but they’ll do it now that I’m calling, case manager calls me later says it’s all gone through and I should have Internet by Thursday/Friday. 

Which will be day 21 

after being told it’ll only be 5 days

My family gave me the deadline of this Friday or we leave BT after the constant incompetence 

anyone can help with an actual straight answer and not constant lies with where I’m at in the process. 

As someone who works from home requiring internet, this has caused a large loss of money and lots of in real life inconveniences

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Cease and reprovide horrors

@ND1 

Are you a business customer?

Openreach do not normally move your line, unless there is a new infill cabinet which has just been built, and your existing cable passes through it.

0 Ratings
ND1
Message 3 of 15

I’m not a business customer, the broadband is running through my home.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

enter your phone number and post results remember delete number.    https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Openreach don't normally move your connection to a different cabinet to improve your broadband speed. Numerous posts on forum about this

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

@ND1 wrote:
I’m not a business customer, the broadband is running through my home.

It just that you mentioned about losing money, as that would normally apply to someone running a business, as there would be no compensation for loss of money, on a residential line.

Unless you have the option of a cable provider, all the other providers use Openreach.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

ND1
Message 6 of 15

E2D015D8-FC2C-489C-8660-6C50B18EE2BD.png

 Its not open reach doing the cease and reprovide it’s just what he recommended for me because the faulty line and the fact there is a cab closer that I’m already running through that will fix it 

0 Ratings
ND1
Message 7 of 15

Although I’m running a business it is a residential line. 

Thank you for the assistance 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

It will be Openreach doing the cease and re-provide.

0 Ratings
ND1
Message 9 of 15

It will be openreach? I guess it doesn’t change anything but I’ve been speaking with BT this whole time and was told wholesale are in charge of the reprovide. But i don’t care who does it aslong as it gets fixed and I’m in the new cabinet 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

if you read the notes attached to dslchecker it says there is an order on your line due to complete on 14 December

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings