Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markkdaniels
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Cease and reprovide woes

Go to solution
Upgraded to infinity late 2017. Never gave gauranteed minimum. Engineer said new cabinet has come on line near to house which will sort speed out. Only 10 minute job as my cables run through this new cabinet. Unfortunately my service privider has to give the go ahead. Called bt and after going from Glasgow to ludlow to india and back i had to do a cease and reprovide to move cabinet. I would be without phone or internet for 5 days. Not popular at home but went ahead. 31st jan service stopped. Phoned up 1st of feb to be reprovided to be told no infinity in my area and after a lot of complaining the earliest date to be reconnected was the 19th feb and this was to copper internet. 19th came and went still purple light of death on router. Phoned 20th will need to send engineer around cant come until the 26th. That will be 4 weeks without internet. There appears to be nothing i can do. Customer care is non existant. I even suggested as they are a phone company the could call openreach and try and sort it out. The operator on the other end was non plussed as wasnt on his script. Anyone else had this issue and managed to find a solution. Large family already used a fortune in data on mobiles
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Cease and reprovide woes

Go to solution

The engineer was totally wrong. Openreach will not switch you onto a nearer cab just to get you faster speeds, it has nothing to do with your ISP.

0 Ratings
markkdaniels
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution
Bt agreed to the switch to the new cab which was the start of this disaster. Thats why they told me i had to cease and reprovide
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution
What exactly did you say when you rang up?
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @markkdaniels I'm sorry to see you're having problems with you're BT services, if you send over your details we'll be happy to look into this for you. 

You can find the 'click here to contact the mods' link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @markkdaniels,

Thanks for being in for the engineer appointment. They confirmed that you're connection is working and you are getting the best speeds that it can support for now. They also mentioned that fibre to the cabinet would be available from April. Did they mention it to you too?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
markkdaniels
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution
Hi
Thanks to you i now have basic broadband which though very slow is better than nothing. The engineer phoned up about the closer cabinet 10 that i was hoping to connect to when we did the cease and provide but it is not coming on line until end of march. I wont go back onto infinity until after that date as i would be put on cabinet 11 which i was on before. Cabinet 10 will give me twice the speed of 11 so iy seems prudent to wait as trying to move cabinet lost me internet for over 3 weeks!! The only problem is i cannot be sure when cabinet 10 goes live. The openreach site says its live now so thats no help. Any ideas how i can tell when it is live?
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @markkdaniels,

Your order is due to complete on the 5th of March. I'll check up on it on the 6th and check in with you to make sure all goes ahead ok Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@markkdaniels wrote:
The engineer phoned up about the closer cabinet 10 that i was hoping to connect to when we did the cease and provide but it is not coming on line until end of march. I wont go back onto infinity until after that date as i would be put on cabinet 11 which i was on before. Cabinet 10 will give me twice the speed of 11 so iy seems prudent to wait as trying to move cabinet lost me internet for over 3 weeks!! The only problem is i cannot be sure when cabinet 10 goes live. The openreach site says its live now so thats no help. Any ideas how i can tell when it is live?

As cab 10 appers to be an infill cabinet (inline with Openreaches new min speeds) you would have retained your Infinity connection on cab 11 and been automatically transferred to cabinet 10 once it was available to you.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @markkdaniels,

I've checked up on your order and can see that is has been delayed as you may already know. I'll be keeping an eye on your order but the engineer that you spoke with may be right about the April timescale. I'll speak with our suppliers on Thursday to see if there are any new updates.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings