cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevieA
Contributor
Message 1 of 27

Change DLM - High upstream SNR/Noise margin

Hi i stumbled upon this post and i realise i have the same issue.

is there anyway i can get this reset back to 6DB / 3DB? please

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 27

Re: Change DLM - High upstream SNR/Noise margin

your stats look good apart from the router reset about 2 days ago - was that router dropping connection or manual reset?

assuming you do not have connection problems then just maintain conenction and if on Huawei cab the your noise margin should reduce automatically when G.INP kicks in

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
StevieA
Contributor
Message 3 of 27

Hi, I was advised by a friend to try switching off the router for the night to try get a new speed profile. I’ve tried several different routers over the year. The speed is really poor for what we pay. Is it possibly banded ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 27

the connection looks ok with connection speed at attainable and noise  margin at normal 6db  stable conenction is best and switching off for night is not going to improve that

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
StevieA
Contributor
Message 5 of 27

hi,

it fluctuates between 42mb and 55mb when our speed should be around 68mb. thats what it was when it was installed.

Image from Gyazo

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 27

any line banding would affect you conenction speed but not attainable speed and as you can see your connection and attainable speeds are very similar

can you try using the test socket with a new filter even if you have an existing filtered master socket and see if that improves conenction speed

while in test socket check for line noise  dial17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone   also check that there is no dial tone at any of your extension sockets whether in use or not

can you repost stats from test socket

0 Ratings
StevieA
Contributor
Message 7 of 27

Hi, There is no stats to post all it does is repeat "quiet line test" then after 5 mins hangs up. but there is an echo on the line as i can hear myself through the phone when i cough for example and there is a slight buzzing but no dial tone. Just someone saying "quiet line test"

Maybe if i was on market A at the cabinet my speed would return?

0 Ratings
StevieA
Contributor
Message 8 of 27

Oh I forgot to say speed has not changed
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 27

So are you now in test socket with a filter?  If so can you post your router stats to compare

quiet line test is to check if any noise. I hope you had a dial tone before dialing 17070

any line noise needs to be reported as a line fault to 151

0 Ratings
StevieA
Contributor
Message 10 of 27

Hi, yes there was a dial tone before the test and I'm in the test socket with a dsl filter plugged in still, am i supposed to switch back and plug it all up then review the broadband specs? here they are anyway.

Image from Gyazo

0 Ratings