cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevieA
Contributor
Message 11 of 27

Re: Change DLM - High upstream SNR/Noise margin

What is the VLAN id? we don't use Vlan...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 27

You appear to have a business hub and login are you a business user?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
StevieA
Contributor
Message 13 of 27

we have a business hub yes but we are not a business.... should I set it to home user address?
I also see we have many DNS hosts queued and are all being used

https://i.gyazo.com/c21b687fb1e06bf1668a6386c3ad66e3.png

https://i.gyazo.com/5962f06ae707966ea79ed429352fa12b.png

this is the routing table... my instincts tell me that it looks wrong and I cannot remove them or deselect them

0 Ratings
StevieA
Contributor
Message 14 of 27

Still having Speed issues with superfast fibre

i posted a few weeks ago about our broabdand being on an impacted line and after many calls to and from bt they said they have fixed the issue when its apparent nothing has changed. I have tried different hubs and even tried a business hub all to no avail. I have bought a new router from netgear but It's like the more we use our broadband the more the line gets throttled to the point its into the impacted band.

When i first got the fibre we had speeds of 73MB on a 76MB line. It was steady and solid and over the years its been slowly dropping speed. BT have reset the line so many times only for the speed to get worse.

I tried asking for BT to change my IP Profile also tried asking for engineers to have a look at the exchange/cabinet only to be told they cannot do that they said they cannot change the ip profile and they do not have good reason for an engineer to fix anything at the exchange. After many months of being passed around and looked over I do not know what to do to get my line back to the 64-73MB that it was at.

Superfast fibre plus was an option i tried as well and i'm still on that plan. I upgraded hoping for things to get better

Cabinet 30, Exchange Arbroath.

Can anyone help me get my broadband back onto the clean line and not the impacted low 43MB range that i get just now?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 27

Re: Still having Speed issues with superfast fibre

I have merged your posts so that anybody offering assistance can see the history.

0 Ratings
StevieA
Contributor
Message 16 of 27

ok 🙂

0 Ratings
StevieA
Contributor
Message 17 of 27

c21b687fb1e06bf1668a6386c3ad66e3.png

is it normal to have so many DNS hosts?

5962f06ae707966ea79ed429352fa12bthese are the links in the previous post. Unsure if a mod had saw them.

0 Ratings
StevieA
Contributor
Message 18 of 27

well im back again still trying to get my SNR margin to 3db...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 27

only connections where DLM has noise margin at 3db are after G.INP has been activated and that is at present on Huawei cabs    unfortunately you like me are on an ECI cab so no G.INP just now

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
StevieA
Contributor
Message 20 of 27

Moderator NeilO was supposed to phone me at 12pm today (Saturday 23rd feb 2019) to help me with the speed issue but never phoned.

on a wholesale speed performance check i get 46Mb down and 10Mb up on a 76MB line and the buffering during watching 4k videos on YouTube is a bit teadious surely this must indicate something is wrong. though since speaking with NeilO on wednesday 20th feb our actual download speed has fluctuated between 6 and 10mb on origin game platform during downloading the latest Anthem game. YouTube still Buffers when watching 4k videos.

I'm at a total loss as what to do. I'd like to stay with BT but things are just going from bad to worse.

Would a Total DLM reset change anything? im unsure,

0 Ratings