cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 27

Re: Still having Speed issues with superfast fibre

can you post the current router stats  so can see what your connection is just now

can you also run speddtest.net and post results  from a few recent posts btspeedtester appears to be having problems again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
StevieA
Contributor
Message 22 of 27

hi,

beff763446f1b49d4828f7f284218546.png

aa5d2f33c403314c3197b5ac62b2fd18.png

b385ad4ea4ef98edbb08640090df8088.png

hope this helps

0 Ratings
StevieA
Contributor
Message 23 of 27

Engineer came today monday and said there is errors at the cabinet and the errors do not seem to be coming from our home.  Engineer also mentioned that fixing the cabinet was a different department.

From what he said there has not been a DLM reset performed yet. I'm still hoping for a DLM Reset to retrain the line as just now the line is extremely stable but just below par of the 62MB average promised speed for our contract. The speed was faster than that when installed about 4/5 years ago, but over the years the speed gradually started to drop to a crawl at one point regardless of what the paper stats were saying. My past speedtest.net upload confirms this.

We were switching the router off at night not knowing that interleaving would kick in but over the past year or so the router has been on every night and the only times the router has been reset is when a bt customer help assistant  requested thats what we do. im sure it was a foreigner running through the bt broadband manual step by step asking me to switch it off and on again or is the dsl cable plugged in. lol.

if a DLM reset would increase the speed after retraining or the ip line speed profile would change. I would gladly welcome it. I've read about people getting a new ipprofile band increasing the speed but i do not know if that was through a DLM reset. At the moment, i wish i just asked the engineer to do the DLM reset.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 27

the 62mb average is exactly that an average not what you should get  some people will get higher and others lower and unfortunately your are in the lower category

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
j0hn83
Contributor
Message 25 of 27

The stats you posted from the Asus modem show you are connected to an Infineon DSLAM (ECI).

Your line will only run with a 6dB target SNRM (noise margin) as 5dB/4dB/3dB SNRM profiles are only available to users on Huawei cabinets.

The SNRM/Attainable shows the line to be performing as good as it can in its current state and isn't being held back by DLM (not a banded profile).

Your line is running fastpath so isn't exceeding error thresholds that apply interleaving.

The drop in speed is to be expected unfortunately. It's the nature of the technology.

As more susbscribers connect to your cabinet the intereference their lines cause (crosstalk) will eat away your sync speed.

They have something called Vectoring to counter the crosstalk but Openreach decided against deploying it, and your ECI cabinet doesn't support it anyway.

Some advise from personal experience.... if that Asus isn't a DSL-AC88U then I wouldnt connect it to my line.

The newer Asus DSL-AC88U uses an excellent Broadcom xDSL chipset (BCM63138).

The older Asus DSL-AC68U (and i believe all the otheer Asus DSL models) use a horrendous Mediatek xDSL chipset.

0 Ratings
StevieA
Contributor
Message 26 of 27

hi thanks for your reply. it is indeed an Asus DSL-AC88U but its an Annex B/J version with modem and router combo. i plan on trying to get the router that supports Merlin firmware at some point.

I spoke to the sales team about the bt account and since it was in my brothers name and he has since moved to america. i had to take out a new contract and make a new bt account including a new broadband and phone line which goes live 6th of march we are getting superfast fiber unlimited but im hoping to change this plan to the superfast fiber plus for the 67MB average and see how it goes. so far the support i have had for this has been good especially from some of the moderators and bt help teams. So i Thank you. I am expecting a call on thursday from BT so hopefully i can get the broadband changed but keep the same phone package. i am aware that it may not make any difference in speed but i am slowly coming to terms with the fact i will have to wait for G.Fast to be assigned to our cabinet or hope that the cabinet wiring errors get fixed.

i have considered talking to openreach about getting FTTP installed but that is further down the road.

0 Ratings
j0hn83
Contributor
Message 27 of 27

Changing package won't help. This only removes a cap that your line isn't reaching.

You're already on the top (80/20) package.

0 Ratings