Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1 of 12

Change to dslchecker to also show observed speeds

there are improvements to the dslchecker

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/11/bt-wholesale-broadband-checker-adds-observed-speeds-da...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
11 REPLIES
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Change to dslchecker to show observed speeds

Yes, I noticed that, from a link posted yesterday. It’s useful not only for self but also if you help others, in another location. Gives some confidence when they have problems and you have suggested various fixes.

I wonder how often the observed speeds are to be updated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

I wonder how the information is obtained. Is it by directly interrogating the HH and thus will only give figures for lines with BT hubs or (hopefully and more likely) is it obtained from the DSLAM as a result of sync negotiations with the router. If the latter, it will presumably be updated each time a re-sync occurs.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

@licquorice wrote:

I wonder how the information is obtained. Is it by directly interrogating the HH and thus will only give figures for lines with BT hubs or (hopefully and more likely) is it obtained from the DSLAM as a result of sync negotiations with the router. If the latter, it will presumably be updated each time a re-sync occurs.

Well it gives the information from my TP link router on ADSL. Not sure how often its checked.

Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps) -- 11.02          
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps) -- 0.93          
Observed Date -- 2018-11-10

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 5 of 12

@Ribblelancswrote:

I wonder how often the observed speeds are to be updated.

I have run a few checks for numbers around the village and the"observed dates" range from 31-8-18 (me) to 10-10-18. 

0 Ratings
Rob364
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

sync.jpg

Last day of ADSL and then start of VDSL. I have had several restarts since then and nothing has changed. Both of these used the HH6 and as yet nothing has shown since I started using the VR600.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 12

Mine and friend’s updates show speeds for October.

If it’s a “resync” then I wonder, as my friend is on ADSL (8 Mbps), and doesn’t want infinity, even though it’s available at the full 80 Mbps. Even ADSL drops out at odd times, and she resets the hub at least three times in as many minutes. She then does a full factory reset for the HH5, on permanent loan from me.........Does a factory reset give a resync.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 8 of 12

@Ribblelancswrote:

Mine and friend’s updates show speeds for October.

If it’s a “resync” then I wonder, as my friend is on ADSL (8 Mbps), and doesn’t want infinity, even though it’s available at the full 80 Mbps. Even ADSL drops out at odd times, and she resets the hub at least three times in as many minutes. She then does a full factory reset for the HH5, on permanent loan from me.........Does a factory reset give a resync.

Well it is most definitely is not resyncs for me as my current router, and the two before it resync from 3 per day to one every two days, never any longer.

SpeedsVDSL

Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps)49.48     
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps)6.02     
Observed Date2018-08-31
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 12

Mine just shows a nice round 80/20 on 2018-08-18.

The hub has booted twice since then on 29 Oct to update firmware to the existing firmware Smiley LOL  and then 12 hours later on 30 Oct to the latest firmware.

I'm on the 55/10 connection with a max data rate of  91.25/31.67

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Very good update to the checker, and was needed for a long time. Smiley Happy
0 Ratings